HELP:Exchange and SQL Linked Server

Post by David Maggar » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:23:08

I am trying to setup SQL server 2000 to use Exchange Using a "Linked Server"
and am having problems.
I ran
EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'exchange',
'Exchange OLE DB provider',
'exoledb.datasource.1',
'file:\\M:\EXCHANGE\PUBLIC FOLDERS' <- Not actual Directory but close enough
But when I try to access it thru Enterprise Manager.
It Says "Error 7304: Could not create a new session on OLE DB provider
'exoledb.datasource.1'."

If anyone could help me out by give step by step directions or anything, I
would really appreciate it.

David Maggard

1. HELP:Exchange and SQL Linked Server

I am trying to setup SQL server 2000 to use Exchange Using a "Linked Server"
and am having problems.
I ran
EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'exchange',
'Exchange OLE DB provider',
'exoledb.datasource.1',
'file:\\M:\EXCHANGE\PUBLIC FOLDERS' <- Not actual Directory but close enough
But when I try to access it thru Enterprise Manager.
It Says "Error 7304: Could not create a new session on OLE DB provider
'exoledb.datasource.1'."

If anyone could help me out by give step by step directions or anything, I
would really appreciate it.

David Maggard

2. Empty ABV containers

3. unable to send outbound mails

4. Help Linking Outloo to SQL Server

5. OWA Multiple Domains

6. Exchange 5.5 as SQL Server 7 Linked Server

7. SMTP Routing in mixed mode

8. Linking Exchange Server with SQL Server

9. Exchange 5.5 Contact list linked wih SQL Server

10. Linking Exchange to Access or SQL Server

11. Link SQL-Server with Exchange

12. Can't Query Exchange Linked to SQL Server