Pocket Inbox Name lookup

Post by Tim Cros » Sun, 04 Aug 2002 03:58:52

We have one Exchange 2k server in a single site.  I'm trying to
configure an HP Jornada 720 to check email names from the exchange
server.  I'm using a POP3 connection in Pocket Inbox.  The help file
states that you can lookup names via LDAP from an exchange server.  I
have tried entering my exchange server and both domain controllers
under the server name.  I have checked the box for "Server requires
authentication" and entered my user credentials there.  I have even
tried entering a search base for LDAP (DC=domain,DC=com) but I am
unable to get it to find any names when I do a check names.

Has anyone had any luck configuring LDAP to work on these devices?
I'm told that this feature used to work when we were on Exchange 5.5,
but hasn't worked since switching to Exch2k.

Tim Crosby

1. Pocket Inbox Name lookup

We have one Exchange 2k server in a single site.  I'm trying to
configure an HP Jornada 720 to check email names from the exchange
server.  I'm using a POP3 connection in Pocket Inbox.  The help file
states that you can lookup names via LDAP from an exchange server.  I
have tried entering my exchange server and both domain controllers
under the server name.  I have checked the box for "Server requires
authentication" and entered my user credentials there.  I have even
tried entering a search base for LDAP (DC=domain,DC=com) but I am
unable to get it to find any names when I do a check names.

Has anyone had any luck configuring LDAP to work on these devices?
I'm told that this feature used to work when we were on Exchange 5.5,
but hasn't worked since switching to Exch2k.

Tim Crosby

2. Mail-Gear migration...

3. Exchange, Outlook, and Proxy & how do I get them to play nice?

4. LDAP lookup via pocket inbox

5. Outgoing mail attachments can not be oppened by recipient.

6. OWA users fail to get inbox, Pocket PC cannot read OWA email

7. HELP: Exchange client start-up very slow with TCP/IP

8. Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed

9. Auto Name Lookup

10. Help host name lookup failure

11. Directory Sync/address book doesn't Lookup by First Name

12. Slow name lookup in Outlook 2000