Mail stays in the outbox

Post by pgn1 » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:44:35

We have had a recent server upgrade to exchange 2k,
Win2k.  We now have the problem where external mail can be
received but the mail resides in the outbox.  Maually
restarting the virtual SMTP sever does not resolve this
issue. If any one has any ideas I would be grateful for
some help.  We have a netopia router and Sonicwall soho
firewall.

Thanks

Mail stays in the outbox

Post by mtraver » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 02:53:09

Is the SMTP service itself started?  If it is, try giving
it a restart.  Anything logged in the application log?

Melissa

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We have had a recent server upgrade to exchange 2k,
>Win2k.  We now have the problem where external mail can
be
>received but the mail resides in the outbox.  Maually
>restarting the virtual SMTP sever does not resolve this
>issue. If any one has any ideas I would be grateful for
>some help.  We have a netopia router and Sonicwall soho
>firewall.

>Thanks
>.

Mail stays in the outbox

Post by mtraver » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 02:54:10

Is the SMTP service itself started?  If it is, try giving
it a restart.  Anything logged in the application log?

Melissa

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>We have had a recent server upgrade to exchange 2k,
>Win2k.  We now have the problem where external mail can
be
>received but the mail resides in the outbox.  Maually
>restarting the virtual SMTP sever does not resolve this
>issue. If any one has any ideas I would be grateful for
>some help.  We have a netopia router and Sonicwall soho
>firewall.

>Thanks
>.

Mail stays in the outbox

Post by Rob » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 02:50:15

Do you mean that incoming mail is correctly processed, and arrives in the
users mailbox, but that outbound mail sits in the users outbox?

Do you have any antivirus software running on the Exchange server?  File
based or Exchange aware ?

Thanks
Rob

Quote:> We have had a recent server upgrade to exchange 2k,
> Win2k.  We now have the problem where external mail can be
> received but the mail resides in the outbox.  Maually
> restarting the virtual SMTP sever does not resolve this
> issue. If any one has any ideas I would be grateful for
> some help.  We have a netopia router and Sonicwall soho
> firewall.

> Thanks

Mail stays in the outbox

Post by wailak » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 05:33:47

Try lowering the MTU on Adv-Ethernet; and try enabling fragments on
the 'allow default from LAN to * '  rule (see edit buttons on
Access-Rules screen)