Exchange server not connected to internet trying to send internet mail

Exchange server not connected to internet trying to send internet mail

Post by Jerry McKittric » Thu, 03 May 2001 15:04:02

At present, I am using Exchange Server only for internal mail, calendars,
contacts, etc.  I do not have a domain name registered on the internet, and have
only DSL connection with dynmic IP, so don't have the oomph to run our own
internet mail server yet.

We are using internet mail service in Outlook to send and receive internet mail.
Trouble is that Exchange is trying to send the internet mail in some instances
(since the internet mail service is listed as first transport in Outlook, it
normally uses that, but not always), and failing.  Anyone know how I can make it
stop trying?  I tried disabling the SMTP service, but then all mail delivery
stops because of the way Exchange 2000 uses SMTP for all mail (I think).  This
seems like it ought to be simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.  Thanks,
anyone.

1. Sending Internet mail with internet mail user ID not exchange ID through Outlook 2000 - A solution

A Solution to this

1. On exchange Administrator, add a custom recipient to the global address
book, set permissions to include 'send' as and add users as required.
2. On outlook add internet mail using Tools, Services, Add, Internet email,
Set up mail server info and user / password info for Internet mail account.
Log off OL2K, Logo on and click NEW message, Click VIEW, FROM and the 'from'
box will appear. click the 'from' button in message and select name from
list (right click to add to user address book - see note1 below)
Send message and it will be sent using your full settings as defined in

Note1. To hide the address from the view of other users use Exchange
Administrator and under Global Address book, double click Address, select
Advanced tab and select 'Hide From Address Book'

I don't take credit for this, that belongs at
http://victori.hypermart.net/SendAs.html
It will say that it's been checked on Exch 5.5 and OL98, now Exch5.5 and
OL2000

Regards

Colin Brown.

If you are looking for managed office space look at www.codicote.org, they
have superb facilities.

2. Migrating Public Folders

3. Exchange trying to send Internet Mail via MSMail transport

4. Serious problem - I'm stumped.

5. Exchange and Internet Mail (Outlook isn't sending internet mail)

6. AddressList from Outlook

7. Outlook error when trying to send mail from Internet Explorer

8. IMS IN 2000?

9. time out trying to send outgoing internet mail

10. Is it possible to connect with Exchange Server from Internet (not using OWA)

11. Can't Connect To Internet Mail Service From The Internet

12. Can't send internet mail through Internet Mail Service

13. Can send Internet E-mail through IMC, but cannot receive Internet E-mail