Anti-virus software

Post by skydiver.. » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:25:40

Can anyone recommend any anti-virus software which supports Windows
2000 Server and Exchange 2000?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Anti-virus software

Post by Jon-Alfred Smit » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:39:21

>Can anyone recommend any anti-virus software which supports Windows
>2000 Server

I'm generally _very_ happy with the solution below

Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.5

Quote:>and Exchange 2000?

Norton AntiVirus for Exchange 2.11. Supports VAPI (hopefully the
problems with Exchange 5.5/SP3 and VAPI are gone).

With E2K, be sure to read the installation instructions in the
Symantec KB. The installation routine is _not_ intuitive, but not
complicated.

jas

Anti-virus software

Post by Brian V » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 05:57:09

Have to agree with Norton Corporte edition.  I've tried them along with
Trend Micro.  Although I prefer the interface to Trend, Norton is easier at
installing for Exchange and Lotus for that matter.

> >Can anyone recommend any anti-virus software which supports Windows
> >2000 Server

> I'm generally _very_ happy with the solution below

> Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.5

> >and Exchange 2000?

> Norton AntiVirus for Exchange 2.11. Supports VAPI (hopefully the
> problems with Exchange 5.5/SP3 and VAPI are gone).

> With E2K, be sure to read the installation instructions in the
> Symantec KB. The installation routine is _not_ intuitive, but not
> complicated.

> jas

1. Looking for good Exchange 5.5 Anti-Virus Software

For obvious reasons, we are trying to do a quick analysis of available
anti-virus packages to scan incoming and outgoing mail on our Exchange
5.5 servers (running under NT Server 4.0).  We would love to hear any
good or bad experiences anyone out there has had with various products.
What do you recommend (or recommend avoiding)?  Have you seen any bad
interactions with server and/or e-mail software?  What is the balance
between true viruses detected and false alarms?  What do the packages do
when they find suspected viruses and how easy have you found this to
configure?  Have particular packages seemed to require particularly high
or low levels of administrator involvement?  How do they handle
compressed attachments?  How easy is it to keep the virus definitions
updated with as little routine human involvement as possible?

I know a lot of this is in vendor documentation so to the extent you may
be tempted to tell us to read it, that is totally fair.  However, what
we are really looking for here are real-world experiences to support or
refute the company sales pitches.

By the way, to the extent that it is a separate question, we are also
re-examining PC-level virus software.  If anyone cares to offer any
advice on that -- especially anything that can be managed at one network
location and used to easily update client machines -- that would be
great, too.

Thanks a lot.

Jon Levy
Chicago Department of Public Health

P.S. If possible, please use the reply-to address of

obviously am willing to forward whatever comes to my account since
anyone replying is doing us a favor anyway.

2. Private Newsgroups

3. Best Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

4. MSExchangeDSAccess ID 2075 2064

5. Cost Effective Anti-Virus Software for MS Exchange 2000 Server

6. Exchange Admin Security

7. Anti Virus Software for Exchange 2000

8. LOW-TAX HIGHWAY by Cybernetic Associates

9. Anti Virus software for x400 message relay bridgehead

10. Anti-Virus software...

11. Best Anti-Virus Software for Outlook/Exchange?

12. Can anyone suggest anti-virus software?

13. Anti Virus Software