Receiving OK, unable to send

Post by Maximilian Reh » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:39:32

Hi everybody,

I've setup exchange and am able to reveive mail from the Internet, however
when I try to send into the Internet I get the an "SMTP Protcoll error" in
the appropriate message queue properties dialog box.

My configuration is as follows:
Since I am trying to receive mail for a different domain (i.e.

second virtual server and bound an SMTP Connector to it.  All this works
fine since I am able to receive mail.

The virtual directories that exchange creates in IIS during the installation
have an error symbol next to them with the message "Can't connect to
<installation path>"

I've deinstalled and reinstalled the SMTP service and ran Service Pack 1
again but this didn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this an Exchange Problem or an IIS
problem?

Thanks in advance
Max

1. cannot send email, receive email ok

exch 5.5, nt4

after I locked down the server because of relaying issues
i have not been able to send email, i can receive email
fine, just not send it

i checked the address space, routing restrictions, etc

i cant seem to figure it out

please help

2. OWA

3. One user cannot send/receive internal mail - External mail is OK

4. Exchange 2000 address list to return users from specific OU's

5. Offline folder Send/Receive NG, F9 OK

6. Exchange 2000 open for relay via itself

7. Running IMC

8. Can't receive mail but sending is OK.

9. Can't receive but sending is OK

10. Can Send Not Receive - DNS is ok

11. Mailbox unable to send and receive emails

12. Unable to read sent & received faxes - HELP