service pack 3

Post by Ned Croni » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:00:35

I have had a problem with messages not leaving the smtp
cue after installing service pack 3. I am not aware of a
way to remove sp3...can anyone help?

1. To Service Pack or not to Service Pack

I run both successfully.

NT 4.0 SP2 is a little tricky, but runs fine.  If you run any virus protection software on the server you will want to get the Post
SP2 Kernel hotfix from the FTP site ftp://ftp.microsoft.com.

There have been several users who had problems installing NT 4.0 SP2.  Without much correlation, installing from the CD has been
safer than installing from a network share.  Installing from a system already at SP1 has been safer than installing to raw NT 4.0.
Our local record is 7-2 in favor of no problems.

Exchange SP3 has been much easier.  It does require Exchange SP2 though.

regards
Andy

Simpler-Webb, Inc.   Austin, TX            512-322-0071
     "The clue meter is reading zero..." - Dilbert

2. delivery problems

3. Ex;change service pack and NT service pack

4. Search based on Custom Contact Fields

5. OWA language pack and service pack

6. access public folders using a browser

7. language packs and service pack 2

8. Outbound Mail Failure - A protocol error occurred

9. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service

10. Service Pack 1 and Services

11. Service Pack 1 SP1 Outlook Web Access OWA Service Unavailable

12. IIS admin service crashing on Exchange 2000 service pack 3

13. Chat service failed to start after service packing exchange 5.5