Pull articles for MS news server

Post by Administrato » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 07:26:48

I was wondering whether someone knows is there a way to configure the
Exchange 2000 NNTP service to pull articles from the Microsoft news
server msnews.microsoft.com?

What I'm looking at is to have the Exchange collect articles just as the
Outlook Express would. I do not need to post articles to the server,
just collect them. If there is not a way to do that do you know of a
third party s/w that could do that for us.

Thanks.

GAZ!
Pantheon SHC

Pull articles for MS news server

Post by Mike Lagas » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 21:56:23

Q304477

I was wondering whether someone knows is there a way to configure the
Exchange 2000 NNTP service to pull articles from the Microsoft news
server msnews.microsoft.com?

What I'm looking at is to have the Exchange collect articles just as the
Outlook Express would. I do not need to post articles to the server,
just collect them. If there is not a way to do that do you know of a
third party s/w that could do that for us.

Thanks.

GAZ!
Pantheon SHC

Pull articles for MS news server

Post by GAZ » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 00:19:48

Thanks for the answer Mike. I've seen that article. I don't really need a
newsfeed from MS's news server. The only thing that we need is to collect
articles from it as one would with Outlook Express. I suppose that there
might not be a feature in the xchange to support that.

I'd appreciate any help.

GAZ!
Pantheon SHC

Quote:> Q304477