Slow network MAPI client issues

Post by John Norto » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I know this is an age-old Exchange problem, but my users want to use MAPI
clients (Outlook 2000) while on the road...

Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195, SP 1
Exchange 2000 retail (no rev #), with Q271976 patch

with old Richocet modems (33.6k) and AT&T dial up access (38-43k) can "check
names" but cannot open mailboxes, regardless of mailbox size.

RPING responds on pings, but cannot define endpoints.

Thinking that there were firewall issues (see Q270836 and Q276269), we moved
the server outside the firewall...  no result.

Also, IM doesn't work worth a damn, but that's a whole different issue.  ;p

Thanks in advance,

John Norton

1. Slow network MAPI client issues

I know this is an age-old Exchange problem, but my users want to use MAPI
clients (Outlook 2000) while on the road...

Windows 2000 Server 5.00.2195, SP 1
Exchange 2000 retail (no rev #), with Q271976 patch

with old Richocet modems (33.6k) and AT&T dial up access (38-43k) can "check
names" but cannot open mailboxes, regardless of mailbox size.

RPING responds on pings, but cannot define endpoints.

Thinking that there were firewall issues (see Q270836 and Q276269), we moved
the server outside the firewall...  no result.

Also, IM doesn't work worth a damn, but that's a whole different issue.  ;p

Thanks in advance,

John Norton

2. Can't reach OWA 2000 via our ISA server

3. Outlook Client Fast on Network, Very Slow using RAS

4. Password rejection error: 0x800CCC90

5. slow or delayed logon to Exchange server using native Outlook 98 MAPI client across the Internet

6. windows messaging and ES5.5 possible ??

7. OST Sync issues- WAS "Slow MAPI Client issues"

8. Basic newbie question

9. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

10. Outlook Client without client for MS networks

11. Network Benchmarking for MAPI

12. 95 Client Slow using Novell Client 32

13. Exchange Making Network Slow?