Exchange Connector Can't Update Notes Public Address Book

Exchange Connector Can't Update Notes Public Address Book

Post by Vince Aderent » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 01:44:47

I am working with a new parent company to get their
Exchange 2000 Server to connect to our Domino Server using
Exchange Connector.  We have succeeded in getting mail
going in both directions, and updating the Exchange address
book with names from the Notes Public Address Book
(names.nsf).  However, each time the Exchange Server
attempts to update the Notes Public Address Book with its
names, the Exchange Server gets the attached two error
messages.  There is no entry in any of the Notes server logs.

I have set up the foriegn domain "Exchange", and elevated
the connector ID all the way to "Manager" in the Public
Address Book, but it still doesn't help.  I have also
logged in using the connector ID and appear to be able to
make changes in the Public Address Book.  Any ideas as to
what we are doing wrong?

  lastsynch.txt
< 1K Download

Exchange Connector Can't Update Notes Public Address Book

Post by Rob » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 02:48:32

Have you tried the following permissions :

names.nsf -- editor with delete
Other db's -- Reader

mail.box -- depositor
exchange.box -- manager with delete

After making the permissions changes, stop and start the Notes Connector and
Connectivity Controller.

Thanks
Rob

Quote:> I am working with a new parent company to get their
> Exchange 2000 Server to connect to our Domino Server using
> Exchange Connector.  We have succeeded in getting mail
> going in both directions, and updating the Exchange address
> book with names from the Notes Public Address Book
> (names.nsf).  However, each time the Exchange Server
> attempts to update the Notes Public Address Book with its
> names, the Exchange Server gets the attached two error
> messages.  There is no entry in any of the Notes server logs.

> I have set up the foriegn domain "Exchange", and elevated
> the connector ID all the way to "Manager" in the Public
> Address Book, but it still doesn't help.  I have also
> logged in using the connector ID and appear to be able to
> make changes in the Public Address Book.  Any ideas as to
> what we are doing wrong?

Exchange Connector Can't Update Notes Public Address Book

Post by John Westworth [MS » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 04:00:56

Vince,

You should only need to add the connector to the admin field if the
connector will be initiating a compact on EXCHANGE.BOX

Could you repost the error messages ?

Is this a scheduled synch you're having problems with ?

Cheers,

--
John Westworth

Join the Community at http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/

http://www.microsoft.com/europe/itforum/
Don't miss this mission-critical Microsoft infrastructure conference
featuring 6 targeted tracks, with 140+ technical break-out sessions and 60+
hands-on labs.

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This is our online account
name for newsgroup participation only

Post by Vince Aderent » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:42:26

Rob, thanks for your suggestions.  I checked the
permissions you indicated, and they are already set up that
way.  However, in reading the IBM readbook I noticed that
it says to make "exchange connector" an administrator of
the server in the server configuration.  Microsoft's
instructions had not said to do this, but I went ahead and
made this change and am now waiting for my parent company
to try another synch attempt.  Maybe this was the missing item?

Post by Vince Aderent » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 04:14:51

John:  set forth below is the text of the two error message
we get.  I don't believe this is a "scheduled" synch - my
parent company just installed the Conenctor software and is
just doing a manual synch request at this time.

Event Type:     Error

Event Source:   MSExchangeNOTES

Event Category: Notes Directory Synchronization

Event ID:       41116

Date:
        8/19/2002

Time:
        6:25:28 PM

User:
        N/A

Computer:
SRVOWA1

Error opening Notes document with id = 2382

Event Type:     Error

Event Source:   MSExchangeNOTES

Event Category: Notes Directory Synchronization

Event ID:       41127

Date:
        8/19/2002

Time:
        6:25:28 PM

User:
        N/A

Computer:
SRVOWA1

Notes Package ID: Notes Storage Facility (NSF). Extended
Reason String: You are not authorized to perform that operation

confers no rights.

>> Rob, thanks for your suggestions.  I checked the
>> permissions you indicated, and they are already set up that
>> way.  However, in reading the IBM readbook I noticed that
>> it says to make "exchange connector" an administrator of
>> the server in the server configuration.  Microsoft's
>> instructions had not said to do this, but I went ahead and
>> made this change and am now waiting for my parent company
>> to try another synch attempt.  Maybe this was the
missing item?

message

using
address
>> logs.

>> >.

>.

Exchange Connector Can't Update Notes Public Address Book

Post by John Westworth [MS » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 06:23:27

Vince,

This can be caused by

  a.. Network Delay between the Exchange and Notes Server
  b.. Notes Client Version [Q316035 Lotus Notes Client Versions Tested with the Microsoft Connector for Lotus Notes]
  c.. Corruption in the Names.nsf [You could try creating a test name and address book and pointing the connector at that. If that works try Ran utilities FIXUP UPDALL & COMPACT and the Notes Server.]
  d.. Reinstall the connector

HTH