LDAP Client access

Post by Steven M. Johnso » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:56:22

Hello all,

I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer help?

I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
exchange server.
I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange 2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Jay » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:29:17

 I had the same problem a while ago, and realized that you must set LDAP
through the windows 2000 active directory, rather than through the acutal
Exchange Server.........Use port 389, and the Active Directory service
that's already set up in OE.

Quote:> Hello all,

> I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
> No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer help?

> I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
> exchange server.
> I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

> What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange 2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Steven M. Johnso » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 01:33:39

Can you elaborate further on how to configure this?

I cannot find any information on how to configure LDAP.
Is it a protocol I must install ?

I am not sure where in active directory to find this item.

Thanks,

> I had the same problem a while ago, and realized that you must set LDAP
> through the windows 2000 active directory, rather than through the acutal
> Exchange Server.........Use port 389, and the Active Directory service
> that's already set up in OE.

> > Hello all,

> > I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
> > No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer help?

> > I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
> > exchange server.
> > I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

> > What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange 2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Robert Fishe » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:38:06

There's a kb article somewhere....but basically, the differences are:

1. point to a global catalog server
2. use port 3268
3. require login

Quote:> Hello all,

> I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
> No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer help?

> I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
> exchange server.
> I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

> What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange 2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Jay » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:48:28

Oops, yes that's right...port 3268.....I got confused for a moment with 5.5.
When you set up your ldap lookup in your client, specify the server (DC) and
your search base...

> There's a kb article somewhere....but basically, the differences are:

> 1. point to a global catalog server
> 2. use port 3268
> 3. require login

> > Hello all,

> > I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
> > No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer help?

> > I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
> > exchange server.
> > I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

> > What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange 2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Giancarlo Bonanse » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:37:24

I still cannot access info on Active Directory thru LDAP client in OE.
I set port 3268 of my global catalog server, set to log in using my
administrative account/password and... nothing, it seems that the Active
Directory is empty, but I'm certain that it has accounts. I created them!

Giancarlo

> Oops, yes that's right...port 3268.....I got confused for a moment with
5.5.
> When you set up your ldap lookup in your client, specify the server (DC)
and
> your search base...

> > There's a kb article somewhere....but basically, the differences are:

> > 1. point to a global catalog server
> > 2. use port 3268
> > 3. require login

> > > Hello all,

> > > I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
> > > No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer
help?

> > > I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
> > > exchange server.
> > > I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

> > > What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange
2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Mark J. Papper » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:39:45

I am experiencing the same problems with Outlook 2000.  I've set it to
connect to our mail server (mail.servername.com) and use the info in the
MS-KB article (set port to 3268 and search to NULL) but I still get empty
results when I too know there are entries.  I was able to get it working
with Outlook Express (using the previously entered Active Directory entry,
and modifying it to point to my DC) but the same settings don't work in
Outlook 2000?!

Thanks!
M.

> I still cannot access info on Active Directory thru LDAP client in OE.
> I set port 3268 of my global catalog server, set to log in using my
> administrative account/password and... nothing, it seems that the Active
> Directory is empty, but I'm certain that it has accounts. I created them!

> Giancarlo

> > Oops, yes that's right...port 3268.....I got confused for a moment with
> 5.5.
> > When you set up your ldap lookup in your client, specify the server (DC)
> and
> > your search base...

> > > There's a kb article somewhere....but basically, the differences are:

> > > 1. point to a global catalog server
> > > 2. use port 3268
> > > 3. require login

> help?

> 2000

LDAP Client access

Post by Aysin Kura » Wed, 16 May 2001 17:00:57

any improvements about the below steps taken?

Aysin
----------------------------

> I still cannot access info on Active Directory thru LDAP client in OE.
> I set port 3268 of my global catalog server, set to log in using my
> administrative account/password and... nothing, it seems that the Active
> Directory is empty, but I'm certain that it has accounts. I created them!

> Giancarlo

> > Oops, yes that's right...port 3268.....I got confused for a moment with
> 5.5.
> > When you set up your ldap lookup in your client, specify the server (DC)
> and
> > your search base...

> > > There's a kb article somewhere....but basically, the differences are:

> > > 1. point to a global catalog server
> > > 2. use port 3268
> > > 3. require login

> help?

> 2000

1. LDAP Client access

Hello all,

I remember in Exchange 5.5 how to setup LDAP client access (lookups)
No I am trying on Exchange 2000 and not succeeding, can some offer help?

I am using Outlook Express and adding the LDAP directory server as the
exchange server.
I cannot seem to get any results back from the server.

What am I missing ? Is there something to install that for exchange 2000

2. Errors c1032c07 and c1032bfc

3. LDAP Client Access to Exchange 5.5

4. URGENT !... MAIL STUCK !...

5. LDAP Client access

6. Upgrade to exchange 5.5 to a new server but same name

7. LDAP for GroupWise Client Access

8. DSAMAIN.EXE Consuming Memory...

9. GAL Access via LDAP Client with EX2K?

10. LDAP Referral Servers & slow client access

11. LDAP for GroupWise Client Access

12. LDAP Client Attribute Access

13. LDAP Search Base for NON-MS Clients for access to the GAL