Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Post by Dave » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 19:57:22

Hi

I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client functionality
over the internet.

Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised though)
to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be useful.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Post by Jay Crum » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 20:30:32

VPN is the way to go.

Quote:> Hi

> I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
> guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client
functionality
> over the internet.

> Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
> connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
> However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised though)
> to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

> Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be
useful.

> Thanks in advance
> Dave

Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Post by David Sengupta [MVP » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:28:45

VPN or publishing MAPI via ISA Server.

--
David Sengupta  M.T.S., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA    Ottawa, Canada
Exchange Diagnostics - Quest Spotlight on Exchange -

Quote:> Hi

> I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
> guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client
functionality
> over the internet.

> Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
> connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
> However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised though)
> to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

> Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be
useful.

> Thanks in advance
> Dave

Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Post by IN » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:48:13

Check Microsoft for add-ons. Maybe you won't need the VPN at all

   http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/addons.asp for more details

> Hi

> I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
> guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client functionality
> over the internet.

> Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
> connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
> However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised though)
> to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

> Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be useful.

> Thanks in advance
> Dave

Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Post by Alex Bog » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 05:44:35

There is the obvious (though not very secure) way.

Just stick the exchange server on the Internet. Your client connect to it
directly. If they are using NAT, no problem. Proxys are troublesome though.

Quote:> Hi

> I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
> guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client
functionality
> over the internet.

> Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
> connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
> However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised though)
> to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

> Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be
useful.

> Thanks in advance
> Dave

Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Post by rd » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 07:49:46

Since he's on the Internet (getting Internet mail and using OWA), what are
you suggesting he do specifically to "stick it on the Internet?" Can you
just create an outlook profile that points to the Exchange server with a
FQDN instead of a UNC?

> There is the obvious (though not very secure) way.

> Just stick the exchange server on the Internet. Your client connect to it
> directly. If they are using NAT, no problem. Proxys are troublesome
though.

> > Hi

> > I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
> > guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client
> functionality
> > over the internet.

> > Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
> > connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
> > However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised
though)
> > to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

> > Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be
> useful.

> > Thanks in advance
> > Dave

1. Enabling Full Outlook functionality Remotely

Hi

I am sure this is a very basic question, but does anyone have any set-up
guides or 'how to' information on enabling full Outlook client functionality
over the internet.

Our Exchange 2000 Server is currently set up to allow OWA (Web) and IMAP
connections in for remote access, most remote users use the web access.
However I now need to allow people to connect directly (authorised though)
to Exchange through the Outlook 2000/XP client.

Any starter guides or places to look on getting this set up would be useful.

Thanks in advance
Dave

2. MS-Exchange v5.0 + IMC

3. Does IE 6 standard installation provide full functionality with OWA (E2K)

4. Server Down Notification

5. Remote Administration not providing full functionality?

6. SMTP Connector

7. Unable to display detail templates

8. How to enable SMTP blacklist functionality?

9. enabling web functionality on exchange server 5.5

10. How do I enable an Event Sink remotely?

11. Outlook/Exchange Activities Style Functionality