Mail sent to distribution lists times out

Mail sent to distribution lists times out

Post by David Shipma » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:27:26

A user sending to a Distribution List is having the
message time out to some users.  The mailboxes for the
users are all located on servers in different
administrative groups than the sender.

The specific message is:

Could not deliver the message in the time limit
specified.  Please retry or contact your administrator.The
MTS-ID of the original message
is:c=US;a= ;p=ATKEARNEY;l=USCHM001-030623224952Z-25193
MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:AMERICAS:USCHM001

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Thank you.

David Shipman

1. Sending mail via distribution list sends mail to origional sender - how to stop this

I am trying to not allow Outlook 97 with Exchange 5.5 to send a message
intended for a distribution list, to send that message to the message sender
who is part of that list.  For example - say user1 is in a distribution list
and sends a message to the distribution list he is subscribed to - he will
receive a copy of that message he sent.  How do I disallow this??  I am
using Outlook 97 with Exchange Server 5.5.  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated - thanks!

Chad Cummings

2. Auto reply on all emails

3. Time delay on messages sent to distribution list?

4. restoring database in exchange 5

5. ost files

6. Distribution List send messages several times

7. What Anti-Virus Software should I use?

8. Mail send to distribution list is send twice

9. Sending mails using distribution list e-mail address?

10. Outlook time-outs to old server after importing with ExMerge

11. E2K SMTP Time outs like Exchange 5.5?

12. OWA and time outs