5.5 and 2000

Post by ms » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I added a e2k to my 5.5 org. what do I need to do to get mail sent to my
domain, for a mailbox on the 2k server, to get "forwaded" from the orginal
5.5 server if the user mailbox is on the 2k server? Both are in the same
site.

5.5 and 2000

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

If they are in the same site then they will be sharing the same GAL and will
know about each other. Be sure the servers are in fact sync'd ADC between
the Exchange 5.5 Server and the W2K DC. and you should see the users
replicated.

A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP
FAQ at  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> I added a e2k to my 5.5 org. what do I need to do to get mail sent to my
> domain, for a mailbox on the 2k server, to get "forwaded" from the orginal
> 5.5 server if the user mailbox is on the 2k server? Both are in the same
> site.

1. Problems with Exch 5.5, outlook 2000 and win 2000

I noticed that on the two pc's in my office that have upgraded to win2000
pro, they both have timeout errors (server unavailable) connecting to my
exchange 5.5 server.  both pc's had no such error when they had nt 4.  I
also have noticed that this problem happens whether those pc's are left on
or restarted.  When I perform a ipconfig /release then /renew on the pc's,
they can connect w/o any problems to the exchange server.  I don't know if
this is related to the exchange server, or whether obtaining the ip lease
from a 2000 client to a nt4 dhcp server has problems.  I have added the
exchange server in the host file on the win2000 client pc's, but I don't
think that has any effect.  The following is a description of my
environment:

Exch 5.5 sp3 on nt4 sp6a server
win 2000 client (no sp) using outlook 2000 (no sp)
dhcp, dns server on a nt4 sp6a server

If anyone has seen this problem or knows of a resolution please reply.  This
is holding me back from upgrading all of my clients to 2000.  Thanks for any
help.

Dan Amatulli

2. Folder Permissions

3. incoming email

4. 5.5 to 2000 nt 4.0 to 2000

5. IM for Exchange2k

6. Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration in Windows 2000 Mixed Mode Domain

7. Exchange Vulnerabilities?

8. ADC - moving account from 5.5 to 2000 sometimes leaves orphaned 5.5 account

9. Move or Migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 5.5 or 2000

10. Migrate 5.5 on nt4 to 5.5 on 2000 Server

11. Config ADO Between Exchange 5.5 and 2000 Server

12. Migrating from 5.5 to 2000 and dont know how to install Forms