Sharing GAL between different organizations in different forests

Sharing GAL between different organizations in different forests

Post by Baris Eri » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 02:15:06

You can do this by setting up inter-org ADC CA that creates contacts on the
destination.

Hope it helps.

Baris.

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is a way to share GALs between
> different organizations in different forests?

> Example:  We have need to communicate with another agency
> which has its own Exchange 2000 server with a unique
> schema that is different from ours.  We want the two
> agencies to be able to see users in the other agency
> through the GAL and have Outlook automatically resolve
> addresses based on the GAL info.

Sharing GAL between different organizations in different forests

Post by Jerry Welc » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:06:13

Tom,
SimpleSync from CPS Systems, will synchronize GALs between different
Exchange 2000 Forests, regardless of schema.  Product has been operational
in this mode for over a year with a large state agency.  Uses LDAP to
connect to and synchronize directories.  Selective synchronization of all or
part of the directories, and selective attribute synchronization.  Download
and more information available at www.cps-systems.com
Regards,
Jerry Welch
CPS

Quote:> Does anyone know if there is a way to share GALs between
> different organizations in different forests?

> Example:  We have need to communicate with another agency
> which has its own Exchange 2000 server with a unique
> schema that is different from ours.  We want the two
> agencies to be able to see users in the other agency
> through the GAL and have Outlook automatically resolve
> addresses based on the GAL info.

1. How sharing GAL between different organization?

I tested in exchange 5.5 the Interorg Syncronization
utility but, not worked.

I Saw in help of exchange 2000 the Inter0rganizational
Replications (Publisher and subscriber) But I think this
the same think the Interorg Syncronization utility, that
dont has support of Microsoft.

And I saw too, Inter-Organizational Connection Agreement.
But I dont know if I should install exchange 2000/windows
2000  in same organization with exchange 5.5.

I think about it, because in the organization that Im
working dont want migrate to plataform 2000 in this
moment.

I should installer the exchange 2000/windows 2000 in other
domain and make connection.

Someone knows how I can do it, or if its possible?

2. MTA Event Log

3. Exchange organizations in different forests

4. East Asian Languages?

5. Exchange Servers in a different Forests/Organizations

6. IMPORTANT HELP!!!

7. GAL/Different forests

8. ADC not replicating some objects

9. synchronize GALS from different AD forests

10. E2K in different forest that W2K account forests

11. how to hide GAL from different organization

12. Linking GALs between to Exchange servers in different Organizations

13. GAL from different E2K Organizations