Big Exchange 2000 issue.

Post by Cláudio Rodrigue » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:11:37

Ok I found the issue for the problem I am having but I cannot believe there
is no way to fix other than what is described on Q323672.
The Routing Engine is not starting thanks to the fact some security guru
remove IIS from the Exchange box.
I reinstalled IIS and used the information on Q277770. Edited the registry
and all services started fine, EXCEPT the Routing Engine.
It says EXACTLY what is on Q323672:
Event ID: 7023 Source: Service Control Manager Description: The Microsoft
Exchange Routing Engine service terminated with the following error: The
system cannot find the path specified.

According to this article, the solution is to REINSTALL Exchange and then
restore the data!!
Is Microsoft kidding or what???
There is no other way to fix a simple service that does not start other than
REINSTALLING???
I cannot believe in this.
Nothing in the registry we can do??? Nothing at all???

Thanks!

--
Cludio Rodrigues, MVP
Windows 2000/NT Server

http://www.terminal-services.NET

-> The only Terminal Services Client for DOS.
-> The only customized RDP5.1 client with the close button disabled! :-)
-> Developers of SecureRDP, the BEST security utility for TS!

Do NOT email me directly UNLESS YOU KNOW ME or you are a Microsoft
MVP/Employee.
Use my support page on my website to submit your questions directly.

1. Big Exchange 2000 issue.

Hey guys,

An Exchange 2000 I manage was running fine. Had to reboot thanks to
Faxmaker.
Now the problem is the SMTP/POP3 services are listening but no messages get
out or in to the mailboxes.
Let me explain.
If I open Outlook at the client site and send a message, it goes to the
Exchange server. When opening the SMTP queues I can see the domains I am
trying to send messages to but in a RETRY state.
When from home I try to send a message, it goes to the Exchange box no
problem.
But I get this error on the Exchange event log:

A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code
unrecognised-OR-name) is being generated for message C=us;A=
;P=MetroMobile;L={819D440F-3311-4-030702010320Z-5. It was originally
destined for C=us;A=
;P=MetroMobile;O=Exchange;DDA:SMTP=bob(a)metromobile.net; (recipient number
1), and was to be redirected to . [MTA DISP:RESULT 17 136] (12)

What is the issue? Any ideas? Exchange SP3 is on the server.

Thanks!

--
Cludio Rodrigues, MVP
Windows 2000/NT Server
Terminal Services

http://www.terminal-services.NET

-> The only Terminal Services Client for DOS.
-> The only customized RDP5.1 client with the close button disabled! :-)
-> Developers of SecureRDP, the BEST security utility for TS!

Do NOT email me directly UNLESS YOU KNOW ME or you are a Microsoft
MVP/Employee.
Use my support page on my website to submit your questions directly.

2. Two Email Address's.

3. OWA SSL SignON, & OWA SSL Sign Off HELP.

4. big big issues

5. Phantom site in Exchange v4

6. big issues with exchange

7. imcdata\log file size too big

8. Exchange 2000 Email Addressing Issues/Setup Issues

9. ADC (big) issues!!

10. E2k (big) issue

11. Need you help-about the bigger and bigger exchange

12. Big Brother Issue!