Accessing Exchange 2000 in Domain A from Domain B

Accessing Exchange 2000 in Domain A from Domain B

Post by Ron » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:58:49

I have 2 AD Domains.  Domain A has Exchange 2000 Domain B
does not.  I want to use Domain A's Exchange for my Domain
B users.  Can this be done?

Accessing Exchange 2000 in Domain A from Domain B

Post by Ebony Smit » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:13:41

Yes you can do that.

Make sure you run setup.exe /domainprep in domainB to configure the
permissions.

Quote:> I have 2 AD Domains.  Domain A has Exchange 2000 Domain B
> does not.  I want to use Domain A's Exchange for my Domain
> B users.  Can this be done?

1. Users of child domain accessing Exchange 2000 on root domain

My goal is to have users of a child domain accessing exchange which runs on
the root domain.

One forest, a root domain of foo.com.  A child domain of place.foo.com.  The
exchange server is on a machine under foo.com (exchange.foo.com).

Steps taken:

1) Ran forestprep on the exchange machine
2) Ran domainprep on the exchange machine
3) Installed Exchange 2000 on the exchange machine
4) Ran domainprep on the place.foo.com domain controller
5) Enabled an Exchange mailbox for a user under foo.com
6) Enabled an Exchange mailbox for a user under place.foo.com
7) Added a RUS entry for place.foo.com

At this point, I've tried connecting OWA and Outlook 2000.  Users on foo.com
are getting in fine with both methods, but mailbox-enabled users of
place.foo.com are not.

Is there something else that must be done to allow users in the child domain
to utilize mailboxes on the exchange server under the root domain?  A
permission or something?

Thanks,

Lars

2. OWA 'page cannot be displayed'

3. Move from NT domain with Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 domain with Exchange 2000

4. Get the Exchange Folders with Visual Basic

5. Demote Domain Exchange 2000 Server, add to other domain Exchange 2000 Server

6. Hyperlink to open Outlook forms from browser?

7. link exchange 5.5 NT4 domain to exchange 2000 win2K domain

8. IMS not starting, previously was OK

9. Exchange 2003 Lab Domain running with Exchange 2000 Production Domain

10. install exchange 2000 on w2k server which is in a domain but not domain controll

11. Multiple domain with only Exchange 2000 on root domain

12. Unable to add second domain name or route mail to private domain name in Exchange 2000

13. Try to mail a Exchange 2000 contact with same domain name as coroporate domain name