Make sure you run setup.exe /domainprep in domainB to configure the
Quote:> I have 2 AD Domains. Domain A has Exchange 2000 Domain B
> does not. I want to use Domain A's Exchange for my Domain
> B users. Can this be done?
My goal is to have users of a child domain accessing exchange which runs on
the root domain.
One forest, a root domain of foo.com. A child domain of place.foo.com. The
exchange server is on a machine under foo.com (exchange.foo.com).
1) Ran forestprep on the exchange machine
2) Ran domainprep on the exchange machine
3) Installed Exchange 2000 on the exchange machine
4) Ran domainprep on the place.foo.com domain controller
5) Enabled an Exchange mailbox for a user under foo.com
6) Enabled an Exchange mailbox for a user under place.foo.com
7) Added a RUS entry for place.foo.com
At this point, I've tried connecting OWA and Outlook 2000. Users on foo.com
are getting in fine with both methods, but mailbox-enabled users of
place.foo.com are not.
Is there something else that must be done to allow users in the child domain
to utilize mailboxes on the exchange server under the root domain? A
permission or something?