POP3 and OWA FrontEnd Server

Post by Rusto » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:17:42

Is it possible to enable POP3 access on a OWA front end server?

if so can you provide me with the steps or link

Ross

POP3 and OWA FrontEnd Server

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:19:47

POP3 access is automatically enabled on Exchange servers, so it would be
enabled on the front-end server, simply have your users point to the
front-end server when configuring their client software.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> Is it possible to enable POP3 access on a OWA front end server?

> if so can you provide me with the steps or link

> Ross

POP3 and OWA FrontEnd Server

Post by Rusto » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:40:39

Our users can not authenticate.  Does the mailbox have to reside on the
front end?

Ross

> POP3 access is automatically enabled on Exchange servers, so it would be
> enabled on the front-end server, simply have your users point to the
> front-end server when configuring their client software.

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Microsoft Exchange MVP
> www.exchangetrainer.com
> www.msexchange.org

> > Is it possible to enable POP3 access on a OWA front end server?

> > if so can you provide me with the steps or link

> > Ross

POP3 and OWA FrontEnd Server

Post by Anibal Rei » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:51:16

Front-end servers must not have mailboxes.

Anibal Reis

1. OWA - can't get mailboxes on backend server from frontend owa server

i have a front end / back end server set up where owa traffic comes into the
front end server but when trying to get the contents of the mailbox it looks
to the netbios name of the backend server. all the mailboxes live on the
backend server which doesn't accept http connections. in my browser i can
see the url redirect happen (i.e. mail.company.com/exchange suddenly tries
to switch to 'servername'/exchange). anyone know what i'm talking about?
thx!

joe cave
ms guinea pig

2. IMS connectitivity

3. FrontEnd server OWA & Public Folders

4. Corporate Calendar

5. OWA on Frontend Server

6. Web access and IIS 4.0 - Possible?

7. OWA Frontend & Backend server for Exchange 2K

8. Exchange Database Reached it's Limit

9. OWA, E2K Frontend Server, and SSL

10. .NET Framework and Exchange 2000 OWA Frontend (E2K SP3/W2k SP3)

11. OWA Frontend-Backend Authentication Failure after Windows 2000 SP2

12. OWA frontend setup with DMZ

13. E2K3 OWA frontends