Has anyone seen this problem in Exchange 2000

Has anyone seen this problem in Exchange 2000

Post by Derek Veillo » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:27:21

Scenario: I have a few Messages getting stuck in the
Categorizer. All other messages are sent out to the

going to marriott.com gets stuck and I cannot force a send
on it, but as stated all other addresses or sent out fine.
I have a t1 and I am using the t1 carriers DNS address as
forward lookup addresses except for local DNS resolution.
I don't think it is a DNS issue because all other
addresses work fine. Can anyone please tell me why only a
few messages to certain Interent addresses or getting
stuck and how do I fix it.

Has anyone seen this problem in Exchange 2000

Post by nntp.mindspring.co » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 09:00:18

Is your domain marriott.com??

Do an nslookup on that domain to see what pops up.

> Scenario: I have a few Messages getting stuck in the
> Categorizer. All other messages are sent out to the

> going to marriott.com gets stuck and I cannot force a send
> on it, but as stated all other addresses or sent out fine.
> I have a t1 and I am using the t1 carriers DNS address as
> forward lookup addresses except for local DNS resolution.
> I don't think it is a DNS issue because all other
> addresses work fine. Can anyone please tell me why only a
> few messages to certain Interent addresses or getting
> stuck and how do I fix it.

Has anyone seen this problem in Exchange 2000

Post by Derek R. Veillo » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:18:57

For anyone that has this problem. I installed SP1 late
last night and rebooted the server. SP1 seemed to have
resolved the problem.

1. Anyone seen this problem.

Hi,

We have a customer with a Exchange 5.5 SP3 server NT4 SP6a. 256MB RAM and
plenty of disk space (for now).
It started about a week ago, the disks just filled right up and killed the
server. We fitted bigger disks and tried to restore, this was fine for about
a day then the disks started to loose space rapidly. To event errors are
recorded and Microsoft recommend running edbutil to rectify the problem, one
of our engineers ran this and the server promptly died. We re installed NT
and recovered the databases got the server back up and everything seemed
fine for a few hours then the same thing happened again.
I'm going to see the server tomorrow and I don't really want to run edbutil
again unless I have to, do you have any clues or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

2. using contact items in server scripts

3. Netshield 4.5 for Windows NT & 2000

4. Having problems assigning ownership to distribution lists in Exchange 2000

5. How to get the MX record in exchagne2000

6. Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 having IIS problems

7. Strange but true

8. Having problems assigning ownership to distribution lists in Exchange 2000

9. Problems seeing other people's calendar with outloock 2000 and exchange 5.5

10. We are having problems on our NT 2000 server

11. has anyone seen this?