SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

Post by Infocale » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:00:03

I have a Backend FrontEnd Exchange environment and the FrontEnd Server is
going to be used as a bridgehead server for SMTP.

To use the FrontEnd as a SMTP bridgehead server I configured a SMTP
Connector that uses the FrontEnd SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server.
Since I'm also running Trend Micro Virus Wall on the SMTP Frontend Server I
changed the SMTP port used by SMTP Virtual Server to 6000 ( I only have one
Network adapter ). So, the final configuration that I have is:

- Exchange 2000 SMTP Virtual Server working on port 6000
- TrendMicro Virus Wall working on port 25

With this configuration when I send an email to the internet the SMTP
Connector always sends ther mail to the port 25 instead of using the
Frontend SMTP Virtual Server port 6000. Is this the normal behavor or a bug?

Is this is the normal behavor why should we configure the SMTP Connector to
use a specific SMTP Virtual Server as a bridgehead server?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Alexandre Costa

1. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server with different SMTP port does not work

[...]

2. Exchange with two organisation

3. SMTP Connector with SMTP Virtual Server Port 6000

4. IMAP and POP3 Virtual Server: Access denied

5. Sharing calendar/appointments

6. Internet Mail Setup -- SMTP Virtual Servers / SMTP Connector

7. exchange backup

8. How to set SMTP connector and SMTP virtual server

9. SMTP Virtual Server VS SMTP Connector

10. Virtual SMTP Server vs. SMTP Connectors

11. Default SMTP Virtual Server V SMTP Connector

12. SMTP Connector vs. SMTP Virtual Server