Mail server unavailable to Outlook 2k client

Mail server unavailable to Outlook 2k client

Post by Daniel Bonnin » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:23:27

Hi there,

I have a peculiar issue with one particular Outlook 2k
client. Very often, this client does not want to connect
to the Exchange 2k server and I don't know why. The user
can browse the network file server, so I assume it has
nothing to do with the workstation's ethernet connection.
The user has to log off and on again and then it usually
works. Furthermore, the connection to the E2K server
sometimes just "quits" while the user tries to send e-mail.

This is the message the user gets:

Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. You can
retry connecting to the server using the network, or work
offline....
....The network did not respond in a timely fashion to
determine the existence of an Exchange Server...etc.
I do not know what the problem is, since the remaining 40
or so clients have no such problems.

Help please.

1. Outlook 2k - Exchange 2k Unavailable

Outlook 2k users in the same LAN with Exchange 2k server, while connecting
to the exchange via MAPI got error:

************************
Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable
You can retry connecting to the server using network, or work offline and
connect using dial-up networking.

The network did not respond in a timely fashion to determine the existence
of an Exchange Server,
you may retry and continue waiting for response or work offline.
***************************

When they press Retry button they connect immediately. I have applied SP3
for Exchange and I have changed Directory Access configuration under
Exchange Server properties - I have putt manually 3 domain controllers and
global catalogs. After that problem occur very rarely but still exist.
Does anybody had similar problem??

Regards,
Derek Mizak

2. Error during installing the Exchange 5.0 server

3. Virtual Domains

4. My Exchange Server is unavailable to outlook clients

5. Slow Exchange 2000

6. mail duplicacy exchange 5.5 / Client Outlook 2k

7. Mailbox Storage Limits

8. Win 2k Adv Server with Outlook Client

9. Exchange Server is unavailable at Client level

10. Answer: MS Exchange Client for Macintosh says NT Exchange server is unavailable

11. MS Exchange Client for Macintosh says NT Exchange server is unavailable

12. exchange server is unavailable to OL2000 client