Default Email Address

Post by George Brook » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:57:31

Is is possible to have all non-deliverable email for an inbound domain to be
delivered to a default address?  Right now I am getting the NDR reports sent
to the admin box.  I would like to get the message delivered without being
encapsulated in a report message.

I used this method to track spam.

Thanks

Post by Martin Tui » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:07:39

Putting the new address in the Default SMTP Virtual Server NDR Report should
be
sufficient.

--
Martin Tuip
http://www.exchange-mail.org

----

Member of CDOLive
The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Development
http://www.cdolive.com

Quote:> Is is possible to have all non-deliverable email for an inbound domain to
be
> delivered to a default address?  Right now I am getting the NDR reports
sent
> to the admin box.  I would like to get the message delivered without being
> encapsulated in a report message.

> I used this method to track spam.

> Thanks

Post by George Brook » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:54:03

Yes, but this encapsulates the email message inside the report.  I just want
the message delivered to my mailbox unencapsulated.

> Putting the new address in the Default SMTP Virtual Server NDR Report
should
> be
> sufficient.

> --
> Martin Tuip
> http://www.exchange-mail.org

> ----

> Member of CDOLive
> The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
> Development
> http://www.cdolive.com

> > Is is possible to have all non-deliverable email for an inbound domain
> be
> > delivered to a default address?  Right now I am getting the NDR reports
> sent
> > to the admin box.  I would like to get the message delivered without
being
> > encapsulated in a report message.

> > I used this method to track spam.

> > Thanks

Post by Ed Woodric » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 23:02:14

Then how would you know it is not sent to you? The To and From would not be
sufficient.

> Yes, but this encapsulates the email message inside the report.  I just
want
> the message delivered to my mailbox unencapsulated.

> > Putting the new address in the Default SMTP Virtual Server NDR Report
> should
> > be
> > sufficient.

> > --
> > Martin Tuip
> > http://www.exchange-mail.org

> > ----

> > Member of CDOLive
> > The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
Application
> > Development
> > http://www.cdolive.com

> > > Is is possible to have all non-deliverable email for an inbound domain
> > be
> > > delivered to a default address?  Right now I am getting the NDR
reports
> > sent
> > > to the admin box.  I would like to get the message delivered without
> being
> > > encapsulated in a report message.

> > > I used this method to track spam.

> > > Thanks

Post by George Brook » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 00:30:44

Any mail set to this server is for me.  If I remember correctly, I was doing
this in Exchange 5.5.

> Then how would you know it is not sent to you? The To and From would not
be
> sufficient.

> > Yes, but this encapsulates the email message inside the report.  I just
> want
> > the message delivered to my mailbox unencapsulated.

> > > Putting the new address in the Default SMTP Virtual Server NDR Report
> > should
> > > be
> > > sufficient.

> > > --
> > > Martin Tuip
> > > http://www.exchange-mail.org

> > > ----

> > > Member of CDOLive
> > > The Premier Resource for Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration
> Application
> > > Development
> > > http://www.cdolive.com

> > > be
> reports
> > > sent
> > being

1. Default email address in Outlook

I have a problem changing the default email
address in Outlook 97.

I have 4 email addresses setup with my ISP.
I have one profile setup in Outlook 97 with the 4
email addresses in this profile.

I can check for messages from any or all the email
addresses as I choose.

BUT, I cannot send messages using the email
address I choose.  I need to have the address show
up in the "from" field for the email address I
choose.
Currently Outlook 97 will only send if I choose
the first email address I setup.  It will not send
using the remaining 3 addresses.
I have tried unchecking all but the one I want and
Outlook will not send until the I check the box
for the first address.
Outlook Express worked fine but not 97

How do I fix this?

Randy Bennett

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Mailbox limits warning

3. Default Email Addresses

4. Exchange login bug ?

5. domain name default email address

6. Internet connector ?

7. Sending from a non-default email address

8. enabling instant messaging

9. Default Email Address

10. Cannot assign default email address after migration

11. Changing Default Email Address?

12. using Directory Export and Directory Import to Bulk edit default email address

13. How to assign default email address ?