SMTP Delivery

Post by Yamin Zakari » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 03:28:48

Hi

I have ahd to enable the routing restriction on the IMS connection tab, to
prevent my mail server being used for spamming purposes. Since then I cannot
send out any email from my outlook express directly by using SMTP services
on my exchange server. It says relaying not allowed. As soon as I remove
this restriction I can get the emails. I have no problems for emails from a
MAPI client (Outlook 2000).

Does anyone have a solution ??

Regards

Yamin Zakaria

SMTP Delivery

Post by Mark Fugat » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:52:17

Are you talking about Exchange 5.5?, there is no IMS in Exchange 2000,
anyway in Outlook Express go to Tools  > Accounts, open the properties for
your email account and then click on the Servers tab, make sure the checkbox
in the "Outgoing Mail Server" for authentication is checked.

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> Hi

> I have ahd to enable the routing restriction on the IMS connection tab, to
> prevent my mail server being used for spamming purposes. Since then I
cannot
> send out any email from my outlook express directly by using SMTP services
> on my exchange server. It says relaying not allowed. As soon as I remove
> this restriction I can get the emails. I have no problems for emails from
> MAPI client (Outlook 2000).

> Does anyone have a solution ??

> Regards

> Yamin Zakaria

SMTP Delivery

Post by Yamin Zakari » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:21:28

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I am talking about both Exchange2000 and 5.5. I have
the same problem on two servers.

Regards

Yamin

> Are you talking about Exchange 5.5?, there is no IMS in Exchange 2000,
> anyway in Outlook Express go to Tools  > Accounts, open the properties for
> your email account and then click on the Servers tab, make sure the
checkbox
> in the "Outgoing Mail Server" for authentication is checked.

> --
> Mark Fugatt
> Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> www.exchangetrainer.com and www.4mcts.com
> Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

> --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---

> > Hi

> > I have ahd to enable the routing restriction on the IMS connection tab,
> > prevent my mail server being used for spamming purposes. Since then I
> cannot
> > send out any email from my outlook express directly by using SMTP
services
> > on my exchange server. It says relaying not allowed. As soon as I remove
> > this restriction I can get the emails. I have no problems for emails
from
> > MAPI client (Outlook 2000).

> > Does anyone have a solution ??

> > Regards

> > Yamin Zakaria

1. Help using Exchange for SMTP delivery via CDONTS

Hi all...

I've got an IIS 5 box running on Win 2K. I've been successfully using CDONTS
in ASP to send mail by configuring Internet Mail to use my third party ISP
(interactive.net) SMTP and POP servers. These servers, and the login
account/password, are configured in Outlook Express services.

Now I want to eliminate the third party ISP and instead use Exchange 5.5
running on another Win 2K box in the same domain. However, when I change the
SMTP server to point to the Exchange box (rather than to my ISP's SMTP
server), my ASP pages using CDONTS can only successfully send mail to
Exchange recipients, but all "outside-world" Internet mail gets bounced
back. This is mysterious, as IMS is installed and running properly on the
Exchange box (Outlook users are able to send/receive Internet e-mail). I
think it's probably just a small configuration setting somewhere in Outlook
Express's services setup... or is it something in the IIS SMTP Service?...

If anyone has any ideas on this one, it would be MOST appreciated!

Thanks in advance!   - Lenni

2. Moving 5.5 from one server to another..

3. Interconnecting to Webhost server for SMTP Delivery

4. Message Number 54101

5. Exchange SMTP delivery porblem using DNS

6. Lot of logs mdbdata

7. SMTP delivery restrictions does not work!

8. Exchange 2003 RC1 no public folder replication with Exchange 2000 SP3

9. SMTP delivery problems

10. SMTP Delivery

11. Slow Performance in SMTP delivery

12. SMTP Delivery error