ADC for Exchange 2000

Post by Amos Aesop » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:57:02

I recently moved from Exchange 5.5 on one server to Exchange 2000 on
another. I figured that the ADC was no longer needed, and I removed it.

Exchange is running fine for the most part, but we have a few odd quirks
here and there. Is/was there any reason to keep the ADC if we are running
E2K with AD?

ADC for Exchange 2000

Post by Mark Fugat » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 04:04:06

If you have no Exchange 5.5 servers, then you can remove ADC

--
Mark Fugatt
Pentech Office Solutions Inc

Quote:> I recently moved from Exchange 5.5 on one server to Exchange 2000 on
> another. I figured that the ADC was no longer needed, and I removed it.

> Exchange is running fine for the most part, but we have a few odd quirks
> here and there. Is/was there any reason to keep the ADC if we are running
> E2K with AD?

1. Forest\DomainPrep \ADC for Exchange 2000

I have 3 domain controllers currently on my network. All 5
roles(schema master, Domain Naming,Infrastructure,Rid,PDC
emulator are on one server). We installed ADC on this
machinebut didn't configure a cconnections. Then
Forestprep and Domain prep were run there as well. No
errors, dns is running fine and replication works between
all thee servers.However the exchange attributes that
showed up in  AD Users and Computers only appear on the
contoller we ran the utilities on.  Is that normal or is
something wrong?

2. Return Codes for ISINTEG and ESEUTIL

3. ADC and Exchange 2000

4. Where can I get the links to ISO standards

5. Problem during installation of ADC (of Exchange 2000)

6. What ports open between frontend and backend

7. Windows 2000 Sp3 with Exchange 2000 Sp3 about ADC

8. URGENT: Duplicate emails

9. Need Help Upgrading from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 - ADC Problems

10. Migration from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 -- ADC Question(s)

11. ADC Causes corruption in Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 Directories

12. ADC between Exchange 5.5 GAL and 2000 server

13. Exchange 2000 + DC and ADC question