How to configure exch2000 to be connected with internet

How to configure exch2000 to be connected with internet

Post by Ramada » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 00:30:23

I have a win3k domain with one domain controller the
server wich hosts the DC is also an internal DNS with
forwarder to external DNSs from our ISP .
My domain is one subnet with class C 192.168.0.x and my
network is behind ISA server what am I want is :
How can I configure exchange server 2000 to be connected
with my network and Internet in the same time with one
network card but without making it behind ISA since my ISA
machine is not reliable and I want my exchange 2000 to be
connected always  to the Internet to get external e-mails
and deliver them to the local recipients and vise versa
with internet domain name different from my internal
domain name.
The configuration I want is about TCP/IP in exch server
And my DNS since our ISP DNS has MX record to external IP
address.
Note: I have
128kbs leased line
Router
6 real IP addresses one of them to external ISA server NIC
and the the second has MX record In the DNS of my ISP
your help is very appreciated

How to configure exch2000 to be connected with internet

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 01:08:18

see my response in the other group, please do not cross post.

--
Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Quote:> I have a win3k domain with one domain controller the
> server wich hosts the DC is also an internal DNS with
> forwarder to external DNSs from our ISP .
> My domain is one subnet with class C 192.168.0.x and my
> network is behind ISA server what am I want is :
> How can I configure exchange server 2000 to be connected
> with my network and Internet in the same time with one
> network card but without making it behind ISA since my ISA
> machine is not reliable and I want my exchange 2000 to be
> connected always  to the Internet to get external e-mails
> and deliver them to the local recipients and vise versa
> with internet domain name different from my internal
> domain name.
> The configuration I want is about TCP/IP in exch server
> And my DNS since our ISP DNS has MX record to external IP
> address.
> Note: I have
> 128kbs leased line
> Router
> 6 real IP addresses one of them to external ISA server NIC
> and the the second has MX record In the DNS of my ISP
> your help is very appreciated

How to configure exch2000 to be connected with internet

Post by Gabe Matteso » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 22:12:11

The only way i see it is either put your e2k box in front of isa, DMZ or add
2 nics to the e2k machine, one behind isa and the other in front, but why
would you want to do this? i hope you have another security feature
installed...

Quote:> I have a win3k domain with one domain controller the
> server wich hosts the DC is also an internal DNS with
> forwarder to external DNSs from our ISP .
> My domain is one subnet with class C 192.168.0.x and my
> network is behind ISA server what am I want is :
> How can I configure exchange server 2000 to be connected
> with my network and Internet in the same time with one
> network card but without making it behind ISA since my ISA
> machine is not reliable and I want my exchange 2000 to be
> connected always  to the Internet to get external e-mails
> and deliver them to the local recipients and vise versa
> with internet domain name different from my internal
> domain name.
> The configuration I want is about TCP/IP in exch server
> And my DNS since our ISP DNS has MX record to external IP
> address.
> Note: I have
> 128kbs leased line
> Router
> 6 real IP addresses one of them to external ISA server NIC
> and the the second has MX record In the DNS of my ISP
> your help is very appreciated

How to configure exch2000 to be connected with internet

Post by Ramada » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:28:21

Thank you very much Gabe,
OK, I can install 2NICs but how can I configure the 2
connections I mean the IP addresses of the two NICs is the
following configuration is correct
assign real IP address to the one of the two NICs with
suitable subnetmask with default gateway wich is the
router IP address and the other one with virtual IP
address with default subnetmask of class C
and no defualt gateway but in this case what are the
internal DNS configurations in the e2k and in DNS server?

1. How to configure exch2000 to be connected with Internet

[...]

2. Problem: Import "Custom recipients"

3. How to configure Exch2k to be connected for Internet and

4. OWA Security

5. configuring Multiple Domains in Exch2000

6. OWA: How to allow logon locally

7. Can't connect to Exch2000 Server, POP3

8. HTTP Disabled

9. XP clients cannot connect to Exch2000 aft SP3

10. why am I trying to connect to myself?

11. missing pop3 server how to restore it i am not able to connect

12. I am having trouble connecting to my exchange server at home using TCP-Ip

13. Outlook 2000 connects fast only when I connect to the INTERNET