problem loginning on microsoft outlook web access with ie6.0

problem loginning on microsoft outlook web access with ie6.0

Post by Sander Bosma » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:34:22

hello,

when i login on microsoft outlook web access, i don't see
the emails it just says busy with loading and i don't see
the emails. With internet explorer 5.5 is it no problem
and netscape also. It doens't appear is it bug?

Sander

problem loginning on microsoft outlook web access with ie6.0

Post by Bill » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:24:52

I have seen the same, even with IE 5.5. Any answers ??

Quote:> hello,

> when i login on microsoft outlook web access, i don't see
> the emails it just says busy with loading and i don't see
> the emails. With internet explorer 5.5 is it no problem
> and netscape also. It doens't appear is it bug?

> Sander

1. Zone Alarm Pro and Outlook Web Access thru IE6

I use IE6 from home to access Outlook Web Web Access on my server at
work. I recently installed Zone Alarm Pro and now cannot access OWA
using IE (See error message below). The free Zone Alarm worked fine.
Here's what's weird: I can access OWA through Netscape or the bundled
browser that comes with AOL. It's only IE that's the problem. And IE
works fine when I turn Zone Alarm off. I've messed with the security
settings in IE Advance Options (SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
settings (I don't have PCT)) to no avail. I've also shared my domain
at work and DNS server in my ZA Trusted Zone but it still doesn't
work.

The guy who administers our network says  I need to open "Port 8080
under a proxy" but he doesn't know anything about ZA so doesn't know
how to do this under ZA. (I've tried to add this port to the incoming
and outgoing UDP and TCP ports but that doesn't fix it).

There has to be a simple solution, right?

Here's the IE error message I get:

THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site
might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to
adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is
spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then
click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The
settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN)
administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can
examine your network and automatically discover network connection
settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click  Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu
and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength
security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security
settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet
Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check
settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

2. files inside exchsrv\mdbdata

3. Unable to POP (send only) mail via dialup

4. Outlook web access without ActiveX in IE6

5. Hiding internet mail account

6. Microsoft Outlook Web Access problem

7. Enterprise version ?

8. Microsoft Outlook-Web Access - Using MS OUTLOOK to download mails through Intern

9. Microsoft outlook web access

10. Microsoft Outlook Web Access in Exchange 5.5

11. Change password thru Microsoft Outlook Web Access

12. Uninstalling Microsoft Outlook (Web Access)