Getting Mail from ISP pop mail.

Post by Robert R Kircher, Jr » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:44:25

Is there a way to have my exchange server automatically retrieve mail from
my ISP and route it to the proper mail recipient.  I have 4 mail accounts
setup with my ISP and the internet mail client set up on the OL2000 clients.
This works fine, however, I would like to have my exchange server get mail
from these accounts and pass it on.

I know that I can have Exchange be my pop mail server, however, that
requires a fixed IP address etc. and I don't have that $$$ luxury right now.

Thanks
Rob

Getting Mail from ISP pop mail.

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:59:22

Exchange Server does not support retrieving mail from a POP3 account. What
you are asking is not a part of the Internet RFC. There are third-party
products that will support this functionality for you, but they are not
supported by Microsoft.

I suggest you read the FAQ shown in my auto-sig for some additional help.

A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP
FAQ at  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> Is there a way to have my exchange server automatically retrieve mail from
> my ISP and route it to the proper mail recipient.  I have 4 mail accounts
> setup with my ISP and the internet mail client set up on the OL2000
clients.
> This works fine, however, I would like to have my exchange server get mail
> from these accounts and pass it on.

> I know that I can have Exchange be my pop mail server, however, that
> requires a fixed IP address etc. and I don't have that $$$ luxury right
now.

> Thanks
> Rob

Getting Mail from ISP pop mail.

Post by Mads Hanse » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 04:08:15

Go on MS sbs site. They have a free pop utility, which automaticly work
together with Ex 4.5 and you do not have to have a fixed IP address.

Mads

Quote:> Is there a way to have my exchange server automatically retrieve mail from
> my ISP and route it to the proper mail recipient.  I have 4 mail accounts
> setup with my ISP and the internet mail client set up on the OL2000
clients.
> This works fine, however, I would like to have my exchange server get mail
> from these accounts and pass it on.

> I know that I can have Exchange be my pop mail server, however, that
> requires a fixed IP address etc. and I don't have that $$$ luxury right
now.

> Thanks
> Rob

Getting Mail from ISP pop mail.

Post by Sharu Rajgir » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:55:36

Simply use a POP connector such POPBEAMER or POP3Gateway, etc and you can
logon to your ISP mailbox for the domain and it will automatically
distribute your mail after searching for users on the email header.  Any
mismatched or unrecognized mail will be sent to the administrator or any
other mailbox you designate

Quote:> Is there a way to have my exchange server automatically retrieve mail from
> my ISP and route it to the proper mail recipient.  I have 4 mail accounts
> setup with my ISP and the internet mail client set up on the OL2000
clients.
> This works fine, however, I would like to have my exchange server get mail
> from these accounts and pass it on.

> I know that I can have Exchange be my pop mail server, however, that
> requires a fixed IP address etc. and I don't have that $$$ luxury right
now.

> Thanks
> Rob

Getting Mail from ISP pop mail.

Post by Traber EDV Servic » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 01:10:04

Try a program called PULLMAIL and use it with the Windows Task Scheduler. I
could mail you this app because its freeware.
Good luck!

Roland

Quote:> Is there a way to have my exchange server automatically retrieve mail from
> my ISP and route it to the proper mail recipient.  I have 4 mail accounts
> setup with my ISP and the internet mail client set up on the OL2000
clients.
> This works fine, however, I would like to have my exchange server get mail
> from these accounts and pass it on.

> I know that I can have Exchange be my pop mail server, however, that
> requires a fixed IP address etc. and I don't have that $$$ luxury right
now.

> Thanks
> Rob

1. Getting POP mail from other POP server to Exchange

Hi,

I just start to use Exchange 5.5 in my office for internal mail and
etc, I also have an POP account with a service provider for internet
mail, Is it possible for my Exchange to download the pop mail and then
stor it to the user mail box, so that the next time my user log on to
exchange, it will be able to read the internet and internal mail.

Please advice

Regards
Wei Kee

2. pilote

3. Getting Exchange Mail through POP E-mail

4. Undeliverable

5. Exchange retreive mail from ISP POP account

6. IMSEXT.DLL

7. Multiple POP mail collection for other ISP's

8. Microsoft Bild und Faxanzeige

9. The solution: How to POP mail from your ISP to Exchange server

10. POP mail from ISP

11. Exchange 2000 and POP mail at my ISP

12. ISP pop mail and Domain name problems

13. Retrieving e-mail from a pop server isp to an exchange client