IPSEC and E2K

Post by Thierry DEMORR » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 08:32:45

you can set the advanced security parameters in the TCP IP configuration for
you web adapter.

You click on advanced / options / tcp-ip Filtering and:

you close all UDP Ports
you allow only tcp-ip ( Ip protocol n6)

you only allow ports:

25 (smtp)
110 (pop3)
143 (imap4)
119 (nntp)
80 (http) -> for OWA remote users

and no more.
your E2K box should be secure.

HTH

Thierry DEMORRE

> I have this e2k server sitting on a win2k server, and I'd like to allow
only
> mail traffic to it. Users must be able to access mail via the web
interface
> or Outlook or Outlook express. I must be able to back up the machine from
> another server. So......using the filtering box, what ports to I
explicitly
> allow? and what filtering should I enable in the local machine security
> policy?
> Thanks!

1. IPSEC and E2K

you can set the advanced security parameters in the TCP IP configuration for
you web adapter.

You click on advanced / options / tcp-ip Filtering and:

you close all UDP Ports
you allow only tcp-ip ( Ip protocol n6)

you only allow ports:

25 (smtp)
110 (pop3)
143 (imap4)
119 (nntp)
80 (http) -> for OWA remote users

and no more.
your E2K box should be secure.

HTH

Thierry DEMORRE

2. Setting up IMS with a dial on demand router...

3. How can I get at all my site's Outlook2000 MailItems via Access2000?

4. subfolders

5. Hiding Names from Internet Mail Service

6. OWA, firewall, IPsec

7. ipsec tunnel

8. Exchange and Ipsec

9. IPSec in frontend/backend