Accept as inbound

Accept as inbound

Post by Karstein Jensse » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00



Hi guys

Can anyone please tell me where I configure E2K to accept mail as inbound to
a second domain like we did on IMS routing in 5.5???
I have a couple of domains I want to host on the same server.

Karstein Jenssen
iTet system as

 
 
 

Accept as inbound

Post by Ed Woodric » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00


Add to the Default Recipient Policy

--
Ed Woodrick
MVP - Exchange


Quote:> Hi guys

> Can anyone please tell me where I configure E2K to accept mail as inbound
to
> a second domain like we did on IMS routing in 5.5???
> I have a couple of domains I want to host on the same server.

> Karstein Jenssen
> iTet system as


 
 
 

Accept as inbound

Post by Karstein Jensse » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00


Thanks Ed !!
 
 
 

Accept as inbound

Post by Brian Hof » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:12:18


I tried that and it gives me an error, "Unable to generate an email address
because the site address SMTP:domain.com is bad."

We have two external domains, domain1.com and domain2.com which currently
mask to the same users on our current sendmail system.  For instance,

internally.  As far as I know that translation is done externally to our
private network.  If I change the router to point mail to the E2k server as


to the relay list in the SMTP list on the E2k server.

Any ideas??


> Add to the Default Recipient Policy

> --
> Ed Woodrick
> MVP - Exchange



> > Hi guys

> > Can anyone please tell me where I configure E2K to accept mail as
inbound
> to
> > a second domain like we did on IMS routing in 5.5???
> > I have a couple of domains I want to host on the same server.

> > Karstein Jenssen
> > iTet system as

 
 
 

Accept as inbound

Post by Bobo » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:30:39



>I tried that and it gives me an error, "Unable to generate an email address
>because the site address SMTP:domain.com is bad."

>We have two external domains, domain1.com and domain2.com which currently
>mask to the same users on our current sendmail system.  For instance,

>internally.  As far as I know that translation is done externally to our
>private network.  If I change the router to point mail to the E2k server as


>to the relay list in the SMTP list on the E2k server.

Okay... so in the default recipient policies, you created another SMTP policy


primary one is uppercase).

When you set that, it should go through and add that smtp address to all users
who are set to use recipient policies...

Then just create your smtp connector which allows relaying to domain2.com and
that it's hosted on that server.  Should be all it takes.

Check your users and make sure the 2nd email address gets added correctly.  It
may take a while depending on the size of your domain.  On my setup with about
150 users, it created 'em in just a couple minutes.

Just remember, it uses the mailNickname attribute to create those usernames.
I ran into a bit of a pickle when I found out that the users we imported from
Novell/Groupwise had different aliases than their userids.  Thus, all their
email addresses were messed up (didn't match logon id...matched alias instead,
which I did not want... the old Groupwise was just setup weird :)


domain1.com does (hopefully).  Have fun. :)