IMS relay problem!!!

Post by Julio Pereir » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:01:25

I have Exchange 5.5 with spk 3 on my windows 2000 spk1.
I have configured my IMS or IMC to block relaying on my smtp port.  I
configured it to only allow authenticated users.  Once this configuration
took place, users trying to send messages with their Microsoft Outlook and
Outlook Express 5.x outside the corp. network had no problem.  All of a
sudden, they all started to receive the famouse 550 error message MAIL
RELAYING IS NOT ALLOWED.  These clients have the MY SERVER REQUIRES
AUTHENTICATION option selected so that they send the user acct when sending
mail.
I can assure that no changes have been made since I am the only one with
access to this server PLUS I have veryfied all configuration settings in
this connector.
If anyone can help.....

Sincerely...
Julio Pereira