Current IP address is not allowed to relay

Current IP address is not allowed to relay

Post by Lisa Willingha » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:11:06

Hello all,

having a problem receiving internet email.

Sender gets a bounced message with the following error:

Status 5.0.0
Diagnositic-Code: smtp;550.net 022: Your current IP
address is not allowed to relay to diazfoods.com Solution:
Connect using BellSouth Internet Service.

The recipient has no indication that mail they were
supposed to receive has been rejected.

Thanks..
Lisa

Current IP address is not allowed to relay

Post by Lisa Willingha » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:50:55

Hello all,

Think I have resolved this issue.

Found on the users active directory entry that the email
address specified was a hotmail.com account.
When I changed it to be an internal address, the user was
able to receive external messages again.  No more error
messages to the senders either.

Since I'm new to Exchange Server, I'm guessing that this
happened because the server is set to prevent relaying
without authenication, so when messages came in for this
user, it checked and found the hotmail address and
wouldn't allow the external sender to pass thru to deliver
the message?

Hope this helps someone else.

Lisa

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hello all,

>having a problem receiving internet email.

>Sender gets a bounced message with the following error:

>Status 5.0.0
>Diagnositic-Code: smtp;550.net 022: Your current IP
>address is not allowed to relay to diazfoods.com
Solution:
>Connect using BellSouth Internet Service.

>The recipient has no indication that mail they were
>supposed to receive has been rejected.

>Thanks..
>Lisa
>.

1. Allow relay for IP address not working with SP4

Hi,

I followed http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/exchange/relay.asp and it seems
to be working fine.  However, there's a VB app that isn't able to send email
anymore.  I addeded the IP address of the client box from wich this VB app
is running from on the IMS routing restrictions page to allow, but still
email won't work.

Tried using Outlook Express, but it also gets rejected.  Only when I
configure authentication in Outlook Express do messages get through.  Still,
I thought specifying the IP address on the IMS routing settings would be
enough, as per Q260562.

An alternate solution would be to implement authentication in the VB code,
but I'm not much of a developer, so I'm trying to get this to work from the
Exchange admin side.  Still, a pointer in this direction is also
appreciated.

(yes, stopped and restarted the IMS)

Thanks and best regards,

John

2. Enabling Exchange inbox - replies bounce

3. Allow relaying from 1 IP address?

4. Hacker using my Exchange 5.5 as spam relay

5. 550 relaying mail to [address] is not allowed

6. VB6 SMTP Transport Event Sink

7. Basic Info update rights in Outlook??

8. RELAYING: Filtering based on IP addresses does not seem to work

9. Relay to an IP address, not FQDN

10. Relay: Allowing internal IP's

11. Allow Selective IP's to relay

12. Relay: allowing internal IP's