Queue not delivering SMTP mail, please help

Queue not delivering SMTP mail, please help

Post by ms » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Ok,. it's sat morning and  I have to get this working by monday.
I send an email from hotmail to my win2k/e2k test user. (BTW, I can send to
external addresses no problem)
this is what message tracking shows:However, no NDR is submitted to the
postmaster account on the e2k box. or the 5.5 box. Do I have something
configured wrong in the smtp connector? I can send mail to this test user
from the 5.5 box, just won't receive any outside mail. Very frustrating!

Message Transfer In
/ ;O=NEXUSSOFTMAIL;DDA:SMTP/C=US;A
Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM
Message Transfer Agent

SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store

Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing

Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue

Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer

Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message

Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated

Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

Queue not delivering SMTP mail, please help

Post by Josh Colomb » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

You know I had a problem with hotmail sending mail to my exch2k server.
That was a test server, and I had just gotten the domain setup in the
recipient policies, and then I really haven't played with it since.  But
other online mail providers, and my email address through my local isp could
send mail the exch2k server just fine.

I'm in the process of setting up exchange 2k right now, so when I get done,
and have time to play later today I'll let ya know if I find anything out.

I don't know if this is the same type of problem you are experiencing, but
try something else other than hotmail.

Josh

--
Josh Colombo

> Ok,. it's sat morning and  I have to get this working by monday.
> I send an email from hotmail to my win2k/e2k test user. (BTW, I can send
> external addresses no problem)
> this is what message tracking shows:However, no NDR is submitted to the
> postmaster account on the e2k box. or the 5.5 box. Do I have something
> configured wrong in the smtp connector? I can send mail to this test user
> from the 5.5 box, just won't receive any outside mail. Very frustrating!

> Message Transfer In
> / ;O=NEXUSSOFTMAIL;DDA:SMTP/C=US;A
> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM
> Message Transfer Agent

> SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store

> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

> SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing

> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

> SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue

> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

> SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer

> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

> SMTP: Advanced Queue Failed to Deliver Message

> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

> SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated

> Saturday, December 02, 2000  11:07 AM

1. Queue not delivering SMTP mail, please help

[...]

2. Outlook Exchange 8.2.2

3. Little bug with Public Folders? (Using outlook Client)

4. Restore deleted e-mails.

5. SMTP queues not delivering

6. Corrupted PST File

7. mail delivered on our behalf--PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

8. Mail in Queue Folder and SMTP Queue not same

9. mail queued!!!not being delivered

10. mail queued!!!not delivered

11. IMC Queues Not Delivering Mail