Ex2K Inbound SMTP mail throught MS Proxy is not working

Ex2K Inbound SMTP mail throught MS Proxy is not working

Post by ZooKeepe » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:41:01

I have Ex2K installed behind MS Proxy 2.0. I can telnet to the SMTP port on
the proxy, and I get the smtp server on the Ex2K server. However whenever I
send mail to that server it seems to not get there.

I have proper MX records in my DNS (at least they sure look correct). I have
even tried sending mail directly to the MX server and that doesn't work.

HELP!!!

Ex2K Inbound SMTP mail throught MS Proxy is not working

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:55:21

And what type of error messages are you getting? Are there any diagnostics
appearing on the Exchange Server?

A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single
hope. -Epictetus, philosopher (c. 60-120)

Microsoft BackOffice/Exchange MVP
FAQ at  http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Quote:> I have Ex2K installed behind MS Proxy 2.0. I can telnet to the SMTP port
on
> the proxy, and I get the smtp server on the Ex2K server. However whenever
> send mail to that server it seems to not get there.

> I have proper MX records in my DNS (at least they sure look correct). I
have
> even tried sending mail directly to the MX server and that doesn't work.

> HELP!!!

1. inbound smtp throught firewalls

Hi,

I have just added a 3com hardware firewall to my network.
We have exchange 2000 and I can no longer get inbound SMTP.
reading the technet and howto articles I'm pretty happy
about he solution to my problem, I need to open ports
got to the point of setting the Data type: reg_dword
Radex: decimal and the value to >1024.  I don't want to
screw this up so this may sound like a dumb question
but.........do I enter in the value field '1024-65535' and
if so what will the consiquenses be?

thanks

Gary

2. You do not have permision to open the default mail box.

3. inbound SMTP not working

4. Server Activesync with Exchange 2003

5. Cisco Router, MS Proxy and MS Exchange working together

6. Need suggestions about Exchange server swap

7. outbound works, but inbound does not work

8. Disaster

9. After upgrading exchange 5.0 to 55, smtp mail not working for some smtp addresses

10. SMTP Mail and Exchange and MS Proxy

11. Inbound Mail Not Working

12. SMTP Mail and Exchange and MS Proxy

13. Printing inbound faxes automatically throught Outlook