GetSharedDefaultFolder

Post by Norman Man » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:44:06

Hi All,

I'm trying to open another persons calendar by using the outlook objects
model and the GetSharedDefaultFolder.
Everything works fine so far. But if the person has appointments that are
marked as private those items don't show up in the appointment item
collection of the folder.

If I open the folder using Outlook (UI) the items are displayed as "Private
Appointment" with no further information. I would've assumed to get at least
the same result using the outlook object model.

Please enlight me ...

TIA

Norman

GetSharedDefaultFolder

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 06:24:07

See my reply to you in the other newsgroup you posted this question. Sorry,
that I don't remember which group it was but I am monitoring more than 100
newsgroups and do not remember it.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts http://www.cdolive.com

> Hi All,

> I'm trying to open another persons calendar by using the outlook
> objects model and the GetSharedDefaultFolder.
> Everything works fine so far. But if the person has appointments that
> are marked as private those items don't show up in the appointment
> item collection of the folder.

> If I open the folder using Outlook (UI) the items are displayed as
> "Private Appointment" with no further information. I would've assumed
> to get at least the same result using the outlook object model.

> Please enlight me ...

> TIA

> Norman

GetSharedDefaultFolder

Post by Daniel Zhou [MSF » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 08:48:04

The MVP's reply should address the customer's concerns.

Daniel

--------------------

| Subject: Re: GetSharedDefaultFolder
| Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 23:24:07 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients
|
| See my reply to you in the other newsgroup you posted this question.
Sorry,
| that I don't remember which group it was but I am monitoring more than
100
| newsgroups and do not remember it.
|
| --
| <Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />
|
| Development Lead,
|
| CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
| Experts http://www.cdolive.com
|

| > Hi All,
| >
| > I'm trying to open another persons calendar by using the outlook
| > objects model and the GetSharedDefaultFolder.
| > Everything works fine so far. But if the person has appointments that
| > are marked as private those items don't show up in the appointment
| > item collection of the folder.
| >
| > If I open the folder using Outlook (UI) the items are displayed as
| > "Private Appointment" with no further information. I would've assumed
| > to get at least the same result using the outlook object model.
| >
| > Please enlight me ...
| >

| > TIA
| >

| > Norman

GetSharedDefaultFolder

Post by Siegfried Weber [MVP » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:13:55

Quote:

> The MVP's reply should address the customer's concerns.

FYIO: I replied a couple of hours earlier in
microsoft.public.exchange2000.development to the same question from the same
customer.

--
<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts http://www.cdolive.com

GetSharedDefaultFolder

Post by Daniel Zhou [MSF » Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:30:19

Hi Siegfried,

Thank you for your information.

Best Regards,
Daniel Zhou
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

You assume all risk for your use. Copy Right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation.
All rights reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Re: GetSharedDefaultFolder
| Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:13:55 +0200

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients
|

| > The MVP's reply should address the customer's concerns.
|
| FYIO: I replied a couple of hours earlier in
| microsoft.public.exchange2000.development to the same question from the
same
| customer.
|
| --
| <Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />
|
| Development Lead,
|
| CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
| Experts http://www.cdolive.com

1. Q: Problems with GetSharedDefaultFolder?

Can anybody please help. When I use GetDefaultFolder everything works fine,
but when I try using GetSharedDefaultFolder to get to other user's calendar
folders,
I get an error message, saying that the action is not supported by the
service provider (or some thing like that, in Danish). Lately I got the
errormessage Calendar could not be found. I use exchange.
Lars

2. How to read a diferent mailbox in Echange 2000 ?

3. GetSharedDefaultFolder

4. Missing posts to public folders

5. GetSharedDefaultFolder and private appointments

6. public folders and a site change/hardware move

7. Limiting Message Sizes