How to forward email to outside address while I am out of office

How to forward email to outside address while I am out of office

Post by Luke » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi,my friends,

When I setup rules for 'out of office' in Outlook 97 & 98, I can forward all
incoming message to my secretary's exchange mailbox or any other mailbox
located in Exchange server (5.5). but it is not my purpose. I have an
internet POP3 account. I want forward all incoming message to my pop3
account automatically while I am leaving office. How can I do?

thanks for your help.

Luke

How to forward email to outside address while I am out of office

Post by Amiri Jon » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,my friends,

>When I setup rules for 'out of office' in Outlook 97 & 98, I can forward
>all incoming message to my secretary's exchange mailbox or any other
>mailbox located in Exchange server (5.5). but it is not my purpose. I
>have an internet POP3 account. I want forward all incoming message to my
>pop3 account automatically while I am leaving office. How can I do?

        Create a address book entry for this address in either your Personal
Address Book or your Contacts folder, and then specify this entry as the
recipient of the forwarded message in your rule.
        However, be advised that by default, Exchange 5.5 does not allow
automatic or Out of Office replies to the Internet.  This can be changed
easily using the Advanced Options button on the Internet Mail tab of the
IMS properties.

How to forward email to outside address while I am out of office

Post by Ed Crowle » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

But if you change that IMS setting, get ready for mail loops.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP
Senior Consultant

> >Hi,my friends,

> >When I setup rules for 'out of office' in Outlook 97 & 98, I can forward
> >all incoming message to my secretary's exchange mailbox or any other
> >mailbox located in Exchange server (5.5). but it is not my purpose. I
> >have an internet POP3 account. I want forward all incoming message to my
> >pop3 account automatically while I am leaving office. How can I do?

>     Create a address book entry for this address in either your Personal
> Address Book or your Contacts folder, and then specify this entry as the
> recipient of the forwarded message in your rule.
>     However, be advised that by default, Exchange 5.5 does not allow
> automatic or Out of Office replies to the Internet.  This can be changed
> easily using the Advanced Options button on the Internet Mail tab of the
> IMS properties.

1. auto forwarding email to an outside email address

David,

I have set up custom reciepiets with the email address to
be sent to. Under Delivery Options for the other address,
add the custom account to the Alternate Recipiets.
This has worked for me in the past and is still working
for address I have set up in the past, but I am having a
problem with some accounts not.
Another way is to try to set up a rule from an outlook
client.
Steve Ryan
JLT Services Corporation

2. Sending Internet mail using Outlook + Exchange

3. Forwarding email to outside email address.

4. MS Exhange and Internet Mail Heiroglyphics

5. Forwarding mail to a users outside email address

6. forwarding mail

7. Forward Email to an Outside Address from Server

8. removing a site

9. forwarding email to 2 outside addresses?

10. Forward email to outside address

11. MAILBOX forwarding to outside email address

12. forwarding to outside email address

13. Forwarding mail to an email address outside our domain