Using Exchange Client with Navigator 3.0 on NT 3.51

Using Exchange Client with Navigator 3.0 on NT 3.51

Post by Johnny Bj?rk? » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi

I have NT 4.0, Exchange client 4.0 and Netscape Navigator 3.0 (not Gold).
In the "Options" menu you can choose "Mail and News Preferences.
In the "Apperance tab" you can choose between "Use Netscape mail, or
Exchange mail"

I don't know if you have this option in the Gold version.

Take Care

Using Exchange Client with Navigator 3.0 on NT 3.51

Post by Ian Emer » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a client that has an installed base of 2,500 NT Workstation 3.51
systems and uses Netscape Navigator 3.0 Gold on 1,700 of them.  They use
Exchange Client 4.0 on the workstations and are keen to restrict access to
other mail applications.

When the select a hypertext link for a mail address (mailto:) on a web page
the Netscape Navigator loads up its own Mail client rather than Exchange.

Does anybody have experience of using Exchange as the default mail solution
on 3.51 with Netscape Navigator?

Thanks

Ian Emery
Elcom International Ltd.