Unable to send SMTP mail with MS-Exchange 4.0 client

Unable to send SMTP mail with MS-Exchange 4.0 client

Post by Mr Midnit » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have a very particular situation. I run MS-MAIL server 3.2 on a Novell
Server 4.1. My external mail is routed by S-Bridge gateway on an NT server
through my Firewall. All my users using Windows95 Microsoft Exchange4.0
client
suddenly lost the ability to send mail through the internet. The error
message we receive is " Cannot connect to partner". The only ways we are
able to send SMTP mail are:
1) With Microsoft Mail for Win3.1 which is installed as a shared
application on the network, connecting to the mail server;
2) With an Internet browser (IE 3.0, or Netscape 3.0), using the firewall's
IP address as the mail server.

The odd thing about this is that all the users on the LAN using Ms-Exchange
are able to receive SMTP mail!!!
I have been in place since august and the server has been up and running
ever since, and no modifications have been made on any of the machines.

Does this ring a bell to anyone?
Thanks
Serge DesCoteaux

1. Unable to send SMTP mail with MS-Exchange 4.0 client

[...]

2. How to clear read receipt request

3. Sending SMTP Mail with MS Mail client

4. Copying Messages on Exchange Server

5. Upgrade tp SP2 on Exch 5.5 - couldn't update OWA due to a permissins error?

6. Unable to send SMTP mail using Outlook 97->Exchange 5.5 in remote mail mode

7. can't configure exchange to domain.com.eg

8. Exchange 4.0 as SMTP gateway to MS Mail PO

9. 95 Exchange Client unable to open MS Mail Shared folder attached files

10. Exchange 2000 unable to send smtp mail

11. Exchange Client and MS-Mail SMTP Gateway