Outlook works on LAN, Outlook Express fails to send on NET

Post by news.microsoft.co » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Using Exchange 5.5:

Outlook 2000 is working on the LAN to send/receive Intra-company and
internet email.  Using Outlook 2000, I can send/receive mail via Exchange

Outlook Express connected via the NET allows send/receive of Intra-company
email.  Internet-sent email also arrives fine.  BUT, I can't send email from
Outlook Express to other internet addresses.  This is the 'return' message

Your message

  Subject: TEST
  Sent:    Sat, 25 Mar 2000 21:54:05 -0800

    The recipient name is not recognized
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Cheque-Mate
Inte;l=WWW0003260557H40084BA
    MSEXCH:IMS:Cheque-Mate International, Inc.:www.payrollnews.com:WWW 0
(000C05A6) Unknown Recipient

Is this a config issue with IMS on Exchange?

Thanks,

Mark Whaling

Outlook works on LAN, Outlook Express fails to send on NET

Post by Mark Whalin » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Problem solved by changing the Routing tab on the Internet Mail Service
connector to allow relaying of SMTP messages (required for POP3/IMAP4
support).

Mark Whaling

1. Outlook works but Outlook Express can't send the mail out with Error 0x800CCC79

I just setup my Exchange 2000 server at home through cable modem.
Ironically, I am able to send and receive the email through internal and
external  on Outlook2000.  However,  Express is having a problem to send the
message with the following error code even with internal client:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

test', Account: 'mail.domain.com', Server: 'mail.domain.com', Protocol:

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

The closest answer I can find from technet is
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290808
Unfortunately, it did not help me out.  The thing puzzles me why Outlook
works except Outlook Express.  I understand Express is using pop3 to
retrieve the data but both of them are using SMTP to send the memo out.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Netowk error during host resolution and MSN

3. Sending from Outlook Express fails

4. Forwarding to another mail account

5. outlook works, outlook express doesn't

6. New server in Site says "DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS"

7. POP3 doesn't work with other clients than Outlook and Outlook Express

8. Help for receive mail

9. Outlook Express works but not Outlook

10. Moving email from Outlook Express on one computer to Outlook Express on another

11. How do you configure Outlook Express to receive from Exchange in local LAN

12. HELP: using outlook sends mail fine, but not outlook express

13. Outlook Express and Exchange over the LAN