distribution list preferences

Post by Kat » Thu, 01 May 2003 03:55:12

I have three distributions list that I have set up and assigned privileges
for uses to add and delete members that are not working correctly.

What I have done is gone into the exchange advance tab, within AD,  and
selected mailbox right. Went to the advanced area and added the user to the
properties to add and delete members. These particular user are also the
manager of the list and I added the name there as well. Yes they are members
of the group.

When they go to add or delete members to the group they get an access is
denied error.
I have tried deleting the prefs and redoing them but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else come up against this and if so have you been able to solve
the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Running an Exchange 2000 srv pack 3, windows 2000 advanced server srv pack 3
and the client is Outlook 2000 SR1.

Thank you.

distribution list preferences

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Thu, 01 May 2003 22:15:22

Kat,

When you created the group, what options did you set for scope and type? How
did you add the members? Are the users in the DL listed in the members tab
of the group properties? Are the people that you want to have adding and
deleting members listed in the "managed by" tab on the DL properties? By
default, only domain and enterprise admins have full rights on the DL (not
even admins do). I am betting that you need to check settings on the
Security tab to solve this mystery.

Hope this helps,
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> I have three distributions list that I have set up and assigned privileges
> for uses to add and delete members that are not working correctly.

> What I have done is gone into the exchange advance tab, within AD,  and
> selected mailbox right. Went to the advanced area and added the user to
the
> properties to add and delete members. These particular user are also the
> manager of the list and I added the name there as well. Yes they are
members
> of the group.

> When they go to add or delete members to the group they get an access is
> denied error.
> I have tried deleting the prefs and redoing them but nothing seems to
work.

> Has anyone else come up against this and if so have you been able to solve
> the issue.

> Any help is appreciated.

> Running an Exchange 2000 srv pack 3, windows 2000 advanced server srv pack
3
> and the client is Outlook 2000 SR1.

> Thank you.

distribution list preferences

Post by Kat » Fri, 02 May 2003 02:45:45

Type and scope are DL, Universal
Some members are added by me in AD but we want the manager to be able to
change this at will.
Yes the person is listed as the manager and yes the appropriate security
setting have been set. Again this is working fine on all my other DLs just 3
of them are giving me problems.
I am wondering if I have a child/parent domain issue. This particular one is
in the child domain, but the manager is in the parent domain.

Thank for the input.

Kat.

> Kat,

> When you created the group, what options did you set for scope and type?
How
> did you add the members? Are the users in the DL listed in the members tab
> of the group properties? Are the people that you want to have adding and
> deleting members listed in the "managed by" tab on the DL properties? By
> default, only domain and enterprise admins have full rights on the DL (not
> even admins do). I am betting that you need to check settings on the
> Security tab to solve this mystery.

> Hope this helps,
> --
> Scott Fellman
> Microsoft
> --
rights.

> > I have three distributions list that I have set up and assigned
privileges
> > for uses to add and delete members that are not working correctly.

> > What I have done is gone into the exchange advance tab, within AD,  and
> > selected mailbox right. Went to the advanced area and added the user to
> the
> > properties to add and delete members. These particular user are also the
> > manager of the list and I added the name there as well. Yes they are
> members
> > of the group.

> > When they go to add or delete members to the group they get an access is
> > denied error.
> > I have tried deleting the prefs and redoing them but nothing seems to
> work.

> > Has anyone else come up against this and if so have you been able to
solve
> > the issue.

> > Any help is appreciated.

> > Running an Exchange 2000 srv pack 3, windows 2000 advanced server srv
pack
> 3
> > and the client is Outlook 2000 SR1.

> > Thank you.

distribution list preferences

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 13:04:48

I think you are on the right track!
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

> Type and scope are DL, Universal
> Some members are added by me in AD but we want the manager to be able to
> change this at will.
> Yes the person is listed as the manager and yes the appropriate security
> setting have been set. Again this is working fine on all my other DLs just
3
> of them are giving me problems.
> I am wondering if I have a child/parent domain issue. This particular one
is
> in the child domain, but the manager is in the parent domain.

> Thank for the input.

> Kat.

> > Kat,

> > When you created the group, what options did you set for scope and type?
> How
> > did you add the members? Are the users in the DL listed in the members
tab
> > of the group properties? Are the people that you want to have adding and
> > deleting members listed in the "managed by" tab on the DL properties? By
> > default, only domain and enterprise admins have full rights on the DL
(not
> > even admins do). I am betting that you need to check settings on the
> > Security tab to solve this mystery.

> > Hope this helps,
> > --
> > Scott Fellman
> > Microsoft
> > --
> rights.

> > > I have three distributions list that I have set up and assigned
> privileges
> > > for uses to add and delete members that are not working correctly.

> > > What I have done is gone into the exchange advance tab, within AD,
and
> > > selected mailbox right. Went to the advanced area and added the user
> > the
> > > properties to add and delete members. These particular user are also
the
> > > manager of the list and I added the name there as well. Yes they are
> > members
> > > of the group.

> > > When they go to add or delete members to the group they get an access
is
> > > denied error.
> > > I have tried deleting the prefs and redoing them but nothing seems to
> > work.

> > > Has anyone else come up against this and if so have you been able to
> solve
> > > the issue.

> > > Any help is appreciated.

> > > Running an Exchange 2000 srv pack 3, windows 2000 advanced server srv
> pack
> > 3
> > > and the client is Outlook 2000 SR1.

> > > Thank you.

1. Distribution List of Distribution Lists

I want to have my Distribution Lists with Delivery Restrictions.  The
problem is that if I create a DL that contains another DL and I have
permissions on the container DL but not in the other one, I receipt a NRD.

Something like this:

I have department X and depatment Y distribution List.  This lists can
accept messages only from their members.  But I want to create a List
containing both of them, with access just for Directors.

Any idea???

Thanks

2. Mailing list Host Web

3. Moving Personal Distribution Lists to Gloabl Distribution Lists

4. Restrict outgoing SMTP domain

5. Customizing Outlook Folder list preferences

6. RenderProperty is rasing Automation error

7. dif between distribution group and distribution list

8. sending mail to our domain name extrnal

9. programmatic modification of members of a distribution list (DL) on the global address list (GAL)

10. Export a personal distribution list to exchange 5.5 public list

11. Distribution List / Mailing List Software

12. Distribution List = Mainilg list?

13. Users AND distribution lists in the same adress list