Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5

Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5

Post by Doug Dorbuc » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:41:25

Hello,

I have a strange situation on my Exchange 5.5 server and outlook 2000
clients. When I send an email to a user and do a message recall from the
Outlook 2k client I get a message stating "you attempted to recall this
message .." but the message never gets recalled and stays in the inbox
of the destination. I have done this to a test email account where the
message is not read so a recall should be possible. The test email
account shows the original message "unread" and a duplicate of the
message saying that it has been recalled (with the little shortcut icon
next to it). The original and the recall notice are in the inbox of this
test user and never do get recalled. Does anyone have any ideas on why
this may be happening ? The only item added to this server recently was
Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange which may pre-read all messages
scanning for virus's so it may break this feature. But somehow I feel
that this is not the problem.

Thanks.

Doug Dorbuck

1. Outlook 2000 not recalling messages on Exchange 5.5 ??

Hello,

I have a strange situation on my Exchange 5.5 server and outlook 2000
clients. When I send an email to a user and do a message recall from the
Outlook 2k client I get a message stating "you attempted to recall this
message .." but the message never gets recalled and stays in the inbox
of the destination. I have done this to a test email account where the
message is not read so a recall should be possible. The test email
account shows the original message "unread" and a duplicate of the
message saying that it has been recalled (with the little shortcut icon
next to it). The original and the recall notice are in the inbox of this
test user and never do get recalled. If I do click on the recall notice
for this user a prompt appears questioning the recall act and both
messages are then removed from this users inbox. Does anyone have any
idea on why this may be happening ? The only item added to this server
recently was Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange which may pre-read
all messages scanning for virus's so it may break this feature. But
somehow I feel that this is not the problem.

Thanks.

Doug Dorbuck

2. mail server

3. Recall a message in Outlook 2000

4. Parallel mail systems

5. Recall messages in Exchange 2000 !!

6. To Rich Matheisen Help w/OWA

7. recalling a message sent to multiple users in exchange 5.5

8. Undeliverable: Disk Full Message

9. Recall Message Feature for Exchange 5.5

10. Outlook 2000 /mesage recall

11. Recall not working on deferred messages

12. Message Recall not working