How do I leave email on MS Excahnge 5.0 server v.s local hard drive

How do I leave email on MS Excahnge 5.0 server v.s local hard drive

Post by System Administrat » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

How do I go about leaving an individual's mail on Exchange server
instead of downloading it to their local machine?

How do I leave email on MS Excahnge 5.0 server v.s local hard drive

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Assuming your client software is Exchange or Outlook, go to
'Tools|Services|Delivery' and set the user's Mailbox as default delivery
location.  Downloading occurs when Personal Folders are the delivery
location.

Hal
--

Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS-MVP DTS -- WA7BGX
http://home.nbcin.com -- NBC Interactive Neighborhood

Quote:>How do I go about leaving an individual's mail on Exchange server
>instead of downloading it to their local machine?

1. Moving Exchange server from Primary (C) drive to secondary hard drive

Hi there,

I have a problem with my exchange server (v 5.5). The
server is quite old now and only has 2GB hard drive (which
has winnt files exchange server and our fax program
running off it). When the drive drops under 10MB of space
the MTA fails. So far I have kept things rolling by
regularly deleting archives, logs and temp files.

I have added a larger hard drive to run exchange server
and other programs. Can you tell me how I go about moving
the exchange server from one drive to another?

Many thanks

Russell

2. Deleting Delayed Mail Messages

3. Moving drive M to another new hard drive

4. Mysterious error since upgrading to Exchange 5.5

5. Questions on MS Excahnge 5.0 rc1

6. auto config exchange server on clients

7. Appending Email

8. Pull Email Off of Information Store and Hold On User's Hard Drive

9. Exchange 2000 server mysteriously filling up hard drive

10. PLEASE HELP !Exchange 2000 server is mysteriously filling up hard drive

11. Exchange 2000 Server mysteriously filling up hard drive...