How to add a link to a public folder in a Web Page

How to add a link to a public folder in a Web Page

Post by Paul Thaku » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to add a link (HTML Syntax) in a Web
Page to a
Public Folder?  In an e-mail note, we can point
to a public folder by adding <OUTLOOK://Public Folders/All
Public Folders/>, how do you provide this in HTML "<A
HREF..." link?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

How to add a link to a public folder in a Web Page

Post by Thomas Rizz » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Same way as long as you're running Internet Explorer.

<A Href="outlook://Public%20Folders/All Public%20Folders/. . .">Link to
PF</A>

or your other choice is:

<A Href="outlook:EntryID of the Folder">Link to PF</A>

If you don't have IE as your browser, you can use Outlook Web Access to show
the folder in a web browser.

--
Looking for a good book on Exchange/Outlook/ADSI Development?
Check out:

Quote:> Does anyone know how to add a link (HTML Syntax) in a Web
> Page to a
> Public Folder?  In an e-mail note, we can point
> to a public folder by adding <OUTLOOK://Public Folders/All
> Public Folders/>, how do you provide this in HTML "<A
> HREF..." link?

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Paul

How to add a link to a public folder in a Web Page

Post by Paul Thaku » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

It worked for me, however others were getting an error -
cannot open this helper application "outlook.....". Checked
TechNet (Q198275) and the fix as follows:

Use %2520 to represent a space instead of %20, example:

    <A
Href="Outlook://Public%2520Folders/All%2520Public%2520Folder
s/TestFolder">Link to folder</A>

Note: for links to individual items, add the "Subject" line
after the folder name separated by a slash "/" and tilde
"~".

Paul

Quote:> Same way as long as you're running Internet Explorer.

> <A Href="outlook://Public%20Folders/All Public%20Folders/.
. .">Link to
> PF</A>

> or your other choice is:

> <A Href="outlook:EntryID of the Folder">Link to PF</A>

> If you don't have IE as your browser, you can use Outlook
Web Access to show
> the folder in a web browser.

> --
> Looking for a good book on Exchange/Outlook/ADSI
Development?
> Check out:

http://shop.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?is
bn=0735605092