see contacts in email

Post by Alan Harri » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:14:18

running outlook 2k & exchange 5 I have one user that cant add our company
contacts (public folder) to the drop down list when sending an email.

when I add the company contacts icon to the outlook tool bar, right click on
it & select properties, go to the Outlook address book tab I can normally
check the box that says "show this folder as a email address book", but this
one user that check box is grayed out, it is also grayed out on her personal
contacts stored in the private information store.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank You,
Alan

see contacts in email

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:24:53

Add the Outlook Address Book service to her mail profile.

> running outlook 2k & exchange 5 I have one user that cant add our
> company contacts (public folder) to the drop down list when sending
> an email.

> when I add the company contacts icon to the outlook tool bar, right
> click on it & select properties, go to the Outlook address book tab I
> can normally check the box that says "show this folder as a email
> address book", but this one user that check box is grayed out, it is
> also grayed out on her personal contacts stored in the private
> information store.

> Any help would be appreciated,
> Thank You,
> Alan

see contacts in email

Post by Alan Harri » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:59:01

That worked Lanwench, thank you very much.

Alan

see contacts in email

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:12:01

Most welcome ;-)

> That worked Lanwench, thank you very much.

> Alan

1. Trouble seeing Journal entries in Contact list

I moved someone's personal contacts list to a public folder so several
people could share. The only problem is that the other people who access to
that folder cannot see the journal entries that she entered. The only person
who can see them is her.  The exchange server is 5.0 with service PAC 2 and
the outlook 97 version is 8.02.4212. Seems I do not have the permissions
right on the exchange server. I gave all the users author rights to this
public folder. Would appreciate any input. Seems to me maybe the Journal
part of outlook is
acting strange.
Can others see her Journal?
Thanks for any input

Lee Culwell

2. DXA Reprts 249 Error with Error -1201

3. Public folder is seen in Exchange admin but not seen in Outllok

4. NNTP component

5. how to prevent an email admin from seeing other people's accounts

6. Access to other mailboxes?

7. Preventing email admins from seeing other people's accounts

8. Can't send mail through Exchange 5.5

9. Receiver is seeing incorrect email using IMC

10. Anyone seen this - old email repeating itself

11. Protecting users from seeing anothers email

12. Emails cannot be seen past certain date

13. Delay in seeing emails