MS Exchange & Different Language

Post by Paal Aaseru » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

We have recently installed Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Service Pack 1. Our
clients are based on Outlook 8.0 that come with Office 97 Service Release 1.
The client are in a different language from the server. The client are
complaining about the display- and property template being in the wrong
language.

How do I install templates with different language on the server side so
that the client will recognize them ?

Another small problem I have is to create distribution lists with Exchange,
I've done it before with the Personal addressbook. However when I pick a
name from the global address list to add it in my Personal addressbook, I
get an error msg telling me that it is not possible to copy the name. Is it
another way to do this ? or am I doing something wrong.

Appreciate some help

Regards
Paal

MS Exchange & Different Language

Post by Joshua L. Konkl » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Paal,
See KB
    Q150977 and Q159721

Also check the event viewer for event id 1085

The error probably looks like this..

Event ID 1085

   Some data referred to code page <number> that is
   currently not supported by the operating system."

>We have recently installed Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Service Pack 1.
Our
>clients are based on Outlook 8.0 that come with Office 97 Service Release
1.
>The client are in a different language from the server. The client are
>complaining about the display- and property template being in the wrong
>language.

>How do I install templates with different language on the server side so
>that the client will recognize them ?

>Another small problem I have is to create distribution lists with Exchange,
>I've done it before with the Personal addressbook. However when I pick a
>name from the global address list to add it in my Personal addressbook, I
>get an error msg telling me that it is not possible to copy the name. Is it
>another way to do this ? or am I doing something wrong.

>Appreciate some help

>Regards
>Paal

1. MS Exchange & Different Language

[...]

2. NNTP related problem

3. Exchange 5.5

4. Exchange and Outlook in different languages

5. Writing a MAPI hook provider for Exchange Server 5.5

6. Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

7. OWA on W2k + Exchange 5.5 on NT4.0

8. Exchange, Outlook but different languages...

9. Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0

10. replicating 2 different language versions of exchange

11. Multiple templates/different languages on Exchange 5.0