Synching Calendars ?

Post by Lawrence Bowe » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:48:30

I have several users who would like their non-private
calendar items to appear (color coded) in a shared public
calendar. Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2000 ?

thanks!

Lawrence Bowen

Synching Calendars ?

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:38:57

Nothing native will do this (and you can't use color-coding in Outlook
2000 - it wasn't introduced til OL2002). See
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/scheduleall.htm for some other ideas.

> I have several users who would like their non-private
> calendar items to appear (color coded) in a shared public
> calendar. Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2000 ?

> thanks!

> Lawrence Bowen

1. synching calendars into one and publishing - question

I work at a small company (45 emp) and we are using exchange 5.5 and Outlook
2000.  One of my executives wants us to implement a shared calendar by
default option.

Here's what he's thinking.  Everything entered on anyone's calendar that is
NOT marked as personal, would be merged into one single corporate calendar.
(That calendar would then be published out to a website, but I figure if the
first part (the merging) is possible the publishing will be a snap.)

Putting the value of the idea aside (totally different discussion) is what
he wants possible?  If so, what is the degree of difficulty in setting it up
closer to 1 or closer to 10?  (1=flick on an option, 10=expensive 3rd party
app that mucks with Exchange so much that MS will no longer support us).

If the answer falls somewhere under 8, would someone point me to next steps
in the process (where I can find more info, etc).  If 8-10, I'd love a
sentence about why it falls in this area that I can use when explaining to
the executive why we shouldn't do it.

Thanks!

--
Susan Dennis
Seattle, WA

2. Reinstall key management server

3. need help synching calendars

4. IMS - Prevent User from receiving Mails

5. Can't synch calendars

6. Read receipts cause client to stop responding

7. Synch Calendar info

8. Exhange 5.0 Admin an OE

9. Synching Calendar items ?

10. need help synching calendars