Outlook clients cannot change AD password

Outlook clients cannot change AD password

Post by Anthony Massar » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 22:46:19

Hi all- we are primarially a novell network, and have just
implented a Windows 2000 server running Exchange 2000 for
email.  Users log primarially into the novell server, and
then login to the domain controller when they start
Outlook 2000.  The issue we are having is that when the
users attempt to change their password, the get the
following error: "The NT Domain password could not be
changed.  A required action was not successful due to an
upspecified error".  Does anyone have a fix for this
issue, or has anyone seen this before?

Outlook clients cannot change AD password

Post by Jon » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 10:03:55

Hi!
I have the same problem as you describe on my company's server. And i found
an article in technet that should solve the problem (Q148420). It did not
solve my problem at this time but it worked for me on another server running
Exch2k (A customers server)

You can find the article on www.microsoft.com/technet Searc the
knowledgebase for "Q148420" maybe it solves your problem:-)

If youre having problems with finding the article you can mail me back.

Jon.

Quote:> Hi all- we are primarially a novell network, and have just
> implented a Windows 2000 server running Exchange 2000 for
> email.  Users log primarially into the novell server, and
> then login to the domain controller when they start
> Outlook 2000.  The issue we are having is that when the
> users attempt to change their password, the get the
> following error: "The NT Domain password could not be
> changed.  A required action was not successful due to an
> upspecified error".  Does anyone have a fix for this
> issue, or has anyone seen this before?

1. Macintosh clients cannot change passwords using outlook client

Exchange Enterprise Server 2000 with sp1.  OS is w2k
advanced server.  Mac clients using outlook 8.2.2 and
outlook 2001 cannot change their passwords.  Verified it's
not a dns issue.  Clients are connecting via tcpip.  Error
they receive is: The windows nt password could not be
changed.  Pleae check the information and try again.

The same user account can change password from the same
mac via owa and a pc mapi client.

We've added the registry values defined in q236111 to no
avail.
Anyone have a solution?  No...replacing the macs with PC's
isn't an option.

2. Exchange 2000 Server Front-End and Back-End Topology

3. Outlook client CANNOT change password

4. Starting Over...

5. User cannot change Exchage password from Outlook client

6. Running Chkdsk

7. windows 98 users cannot change AD password

8. New Routing Entry Not Working

9. Clients cannot change NT password

10. Cannot change NT password from Exchange client

11. Exchange 2000 clients cannot change password from Web.

12. Cannot change Exchange Password from Client