Connecting Multiple users

Post by Gordon O'Brie » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Don't really know if this is an Exchange or an Outlook issue !

I am trying to connect 1700 pupils at a school to their mailboxes in
exchange via 100 windows95 clients.
As any pupil can log on at any client machine they need to be presented with
a box to type in their mailbox name and password.
The problem is that I do not want to enable roaming profiles (as this has
been causing a lot of problems in other areas) but the log on procedure has
to be very simple for the pupils.

I have the option of using Outlook97 or Outlook Express to send and receive
mail.

Is it possible?  If so, how how does a novice set about doing it?

Many thanks in advance

Gordon O'Brien

Connecting Multiple users

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

There are a number of ways to go about this; my favorite is Profile Maker
available from http://www.autoprof.com/.  I find it desperately easy to
setup and run and it works quite well.

Hal

http://home.nbcin.com -- NBC Interactive Neighborhood
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

Quote:> Don't really know if this is an Exchange or an Outlook issue !