outlook address book vs pab vs global address books with exch server 4.0

outlook address book vs pab vs global address books with exch server 4.0

Post by len rapha » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

can any one describe the various address books available.

i'm trying to figure out how to get our company wide internet email addresses
that are now in my personal address book over to an address book that every nt
wkstation user can access thru the outlook client.

len raphael

outlook address book vs pab vs global address books with exch server 4.0

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Sounds like what you'll want to do is use Outlook to create a public folder
that will be used to hold Contacts items. Maybe name it Company Internet
Addresses. Set the permissions as you wish, then you can copy all your
e-mail address to that new address book. Have everyone add that folder to
their Outlook Address Book.
--
Sue Mosher
Slipstick Systems, Moscow

FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

Quote:> can any one describe the various address books available.

> i'm trying to figure out how to get our company wide internet email
addresses
> that are now in my personal address book over to an address book that
every nt
> wkstation user can access thru the outlook client.

> len raphael

1. Outlook Address Book vs Personal Address Book

I've seen an Exchange 5.5 FAQ which has a good section explaining why PST =
BAD.

BUT - In my NT4/Exchange5.5/Outlook97 Environment I have been setting up
user accounts with the following services:

MS Exchange Server = <their exchange mailbox>
Personal Address Book = <their home drive\mailbox.pab>

Outlook Address Book is another of the services available - would that be
preferable to PAB?

Sorry if I sound a biff - we've been using a bespoke messaging system for
years and are now migrating towards something decent!

2. Weird thing happened

3. Personal Address Book Vs Global Add Book in Exchange 5.5

4. SMTP queries

5. Personal Address Book vs Windows Address Book

6. Public folder permissions change upon replication to E2K?

7. Window Address Book Vs Personal Address Book

8. NNTP Newsfeed

9. Personal Address Book vs Windows Address Book

10. Personal Address Book vs. Global Address list PROBLEM

11. Window Address Book Vs Personal Address Book

12. Personal Address Book vs Windows Address Book

13. Personal Address Book vs. Global Address list PROBLEM