long wait for outlook to open email

Post by donn » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:01:50

I'm using outlook and have set up my laptop so that I can
Retrieve email from the exchange 2000 server from a
remote location. I have also set up outlook so that
messages will synchronize with the server and store
locally onto the laptop. When I'm connected to the
internet via a dialup 56k modem I open a message with an
attachment that is stored locally, however the message
takes a long time to open. I don't understand why because
the message is stored locally and nothing needs to be
downloaded onto the laptop anymore. I think outlook is
still downloading the same message from the Exchange
server. How do I set up the laptop or server so that when
a remote user accesses local stored emails, it wont take
such a long time to open it.

long wait for outlook to open email

Post by Kara » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 02:22:33

Are you sure you configured the profile correctly for Offline use?  What are
the settings when you go to the Advanced tab in the properties of the
Microsoft Exchange Service listed for that profile?
What version of Outlook you're using would be helpful too.  You may want to
check out the great resources at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook.

Cheers,
Karan Mavai

Quote:> I'm using outlook and have set up my laptop so that I can
> Retrieve email from the exchange 2000 server from a
> remote location. I have also set up outlook so that
> messages will synchronize with the server and store
> locally onto the laptop. When I'm connected to the
> internet via a dialup 56k modem I open a message with an
> attachment that is stored locally, however the message
> takes a long time to open. I don't understand why because
> the message is stored locally and nothing needs to be
> downloaded onto the laptop anymore. I think outlook is
> still downloading the same message from the Exchange
> server. How do I set up the laptop or server so that when
> a remote user accesses local stored emails, it wont take
> such a long time to open it.

long wait for outlook to open email

Post by donn » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:57:10

I'm using outlook 2002. Where is this advanced tab og the
exchange service? is this in outlook or in exchange and
where abouts.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Are you sure you configured the profile correctly for

Offline use?  What are
Quote:>the settings when you go to the Advanced tab in the
properties of the
>Microsoft Exchange Service listed for that profile?
>What version of Outlook you're using would be helpful

too.  You may want to
Quote:>check out the great resources at