Setting up rules that forward mail outbound

Setting up rules that forward mail outbound

Post by Mike Frederic » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:56:39

Is there a way to setup an Inbox rule that when triggered
will forward the EMail to an external address?  I have a
rule looking for certain strings in the subject line.
When triggered, the rule forwards the EMail to an internal
mailbox, a custom recepient (an Internet EMail address)
and directly to an Internet EMail address.  The only
forwarding that seems to occur is to the internal mailbox.

We need to setup a way that an incoming message to a
particular mailbox triggers some sort of notification to
an external Internet mail address.  TIA.

Setting up rules that forward mail outbound

Post by Andrew Sword [MVP » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:08:14

Create a contact on the workstation and do it to this address

--
Regards
Andrew Sword, MVP

Quote:> Is there a way to setup an Inbox rule that when triggered
> will forward the EMail to an external address?  I have a
> rule looking for certain strings in the subject line.
> When triggered, the rule forwards the EMail to an internal
> mailbox, a custom recepient (an Internet EMail address)
> and directly to an Internet EMail address.  The only
> forwarding that seems to occur is to the internal mailbox.

> We need to setup a way that an incoming message to a
> particular mailbox triggers some sort of notification to
> an external Internet mail address.  TIA.

Setting up rules that forward mail outbound

Post by Mike Frederic » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:58:41

Except this needs to be a server-based rule.

> [...]

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 02:07:25

I don't think this would be server-based - but try creating one. It will
automatically be client or server based depending on what Outlook detects
you are trying to do.

> Except this needs to be a server-based rule.

Post by Derek Miza » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:57:55

If it is Exchange 5.5 look on the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q181636
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;181636

If it is Exchange2000
1. Start Exchange System Manager
2. Go to Global Settings and then to the Internet Message Format
You should have over there rules for sending Internet messages - by default
there is only one rule named "Default" - right click on it and go to the
properties.
3. When Properties Window come-up go to the advanced tab
4. In the very bottom of that tab there are options
 - Allow automatic replies
 - Allow autmatic forward
Mark both option and thats it. I dont remember if you need to restart
service but you can check.

Regards
Derek Mizak

Quote:> Is there a way to setup an Inbox rule that when triggered
> will forward the EMail to an external address?  I have a
> rule looking for certain strings in the subject line.
> When triggered, the rule forwards the EMail to an internal
> mailbox, a custom recepient (an Internet EMail address)
> and directly to an Internet EMail address.  The only
> forwarding that seems to occur is to the internal mailbox.

> We need to setup a way that an incoming message to a
> particular mailbox triggers some sort of notification to
> an external Internet mail address.  TIA.

1. Place where rule for forwarding E-mail was set up

We have Exchange 5.5 SP1 and Outlook 98. For one satellite user the rule was
set up to forward  corporate E-mail to his AOL account. Now the user wants
to stop forwarding. The person who set up forwarding, left the company a
while ago, and I can't find the place where this rule is.
 I've checked "Alternate recipient" box of the delivery Options Tab of the
mailbox Properties and I've also checked the Inbox Assistant in the Outlook
with his profile - no rules anywhere. I believe it was done somewhere on the
server, so if anyone have the idea where else I could look, that would be
very-very helpful. Oh, and when this user gets this forwarded E-mails, the
first line says: "Auto forwarded by a Rule".

Thanks in advance,

Anya.

2. View Default Hompage from OWA

3. Forwarding Outbound Email Based on Inbox Rule

4. ID no: DS_E_Insufficient_Access_Rights

5. Auto-forward message rule won't forward SMTP mail

6. outlook time stamp prob

7. Preventing Users from setting a rule for automatic forwarding to an internet address

8. Is Exchange Server 5.5 a SMTP server?

9. Troubles setting up forwarding rules to SMTP address

10. Set a rule to auto-forward to external in folder assitant of public folder

11. Program for setting auto-forward message rules for each user mailbox

12. Generic email set-ups possible?